E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Lorenzo's: Top Notch Quality Car Tinter Serving the Tri-State Area

09-23-2006, 03:48 PM   #1
JB BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 428xi

Thumbs up Lorenzo's: Top Notch Quality Car Tinter Serving the Tri-State Area

So I had my new BMW 330XI tinted today. I heard great things about this shop in the Bronx, Lorenzo's Tint Shop. Even though I am in Long Island, I said lets check it out and I wasnt disappointed. Even when I made my appointment on the phone, his abundance of knowledge was awesome. The guy knows tints and it has been his trade for over the past 20 years and is considered an expert in the industry. Lorenzo's shop specializes in only tints and paint protection. How many shops can you say do that these days, maybe a handful if your lucky. Lorenzo has every brand and percentage of tint you could desire. His clientel even includes some A-list celebrities. As soon as I stepped in his shop I knew I made the right choice. In his office he has various tint brands in different percentages on actual windows. He shows you all your options and even places a strip of the different tints you may be interested in on your car before he starts the job so you can make the right choice. Also, he has pictures of BMWs and other rides with various tints on his computer that he shows you to also aid in making the tint decision that is right for you. I made my choice of 35% 3M Tint. He went to work and you just watch him and have to admire his craft as he meticulously cuts each piece. Other liquids and powders become involved as well. Lets just say he has it down to a science. Lorenzo specializes in high end cars like our BMWs but does all cars. However, you can rest assured any high end car like our BMWs are tinted by Lorenzo himself. He gets his hands dirty. So much face time is spent with Lorenzo you really feel welcomed and appreciated as a customer. When your tint job is done, you also receive an outside car detail. Greg there does a great job of making the car look like it just left the BMW dealer's lot. I was quite impressed. He is always available for car details. I was there for about 4 hours as the job was being done. You can be confident the job is done with the precision and carefulness you would only want to treat your Bimmer with. Since I wasnt from the area, Lorenzo let me hang out in his office and use his computer to the surf the net to occupy my time and occasionally came in to have some conversations with me. Not many people would be so welcoming as to let you in their office. I was again impressed and grateful. You can check out their website at http://www.lorenzotint.com. If any questions you can email them and they will get back to you by 9 PM the same day. I had a question before my appointment and Lorenzo sure enough got back to me the same day before 9 PM as promised. I have to say this is a top-notch quality shop worth the trip from anywhere in the tri-state area! When I saw the finished product I was so happy. It really does look factory installed. Trust me you will not be disappointed with a visit to this tint shop. Its worth the trip! Tell him Jeff B recommended you to him.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2006, 12:44 AM   #2
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

Great write up. I was thinking about getting tints from Lorenzo also. Do you have any pictures of during/after the job?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
Straz M3
Never Lose
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

How much was it?
      11-03-2006, 05:10 PM   #4
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straz 335
How much was it?
I called, got a quote for clear bra on my E92... $1200
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 08:54 PM   #5
NickStam
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

I live 2 miles away. I'm gonna go see him next week. I'll let you know how it goes and price.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #6
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i M Sport

huge rip off! $300 for something I got for $160. I got suntek ceramics tints with full lifetime warranty, no air bubbles or nuffin. I mean what the hell could they be possibly doin for $140 extra. It took 3 hours to install my tints also.

F80 M3 Euro Delivered = Gone too Soon

e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #7
ducati955
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: lifted tacoma on 38's & ducati

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
u did the tint yourself? would a dealer put those in? the same brand? and are they precut or something?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2006, 04:08 PM   #8
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i M Sport

No I didn't install the tints myself, it was done at a car detailing & tinting place. This was in brooklyn, since you live in Long Island you can always check out this other company named Precision Tints NY, here is the google map.

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=...l&ct=authority
3014 Jericho Tpke, East Northport, NY 11731

I would take LIE or Northern State. I believe the exit for northern state is 42N. mapquest it or google map it and it will tell you exactly.

Tell him you were referred by me Adam with a 335i sedan. You can drop it off in the morning (he opens like 8:15am), He's very good and did my friend's car Calton with a 530xi. Matter of fact mention Calton instead of my name because I got my tints done in Brooklyn and not Precision.

F80 M3 Euro Delivered = Gone too Soon

e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2006, 09:33 AM   #9
TSHAYANKS
Old Lurker
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N55

I just got my E90 tinted at Lorenzo's last week and the results were perfect. He put 35% 3M colorstable film on the sides and on the back window which cost $350. For an extra $100 I got a SolarGard clear UV shield which gives a nice effect in the sun but it also reduces glare and blocks UV rays from harming the inside of the car. The Solargard shield basically gives the windshield a 7 series look to it. I had the car inspected today by Lorenzo just to make sure everything was installed properly with no problems and it all came out perfect. The price is up there but when the finished product comes out you wont be dissapointed by it and those $350 dollars will be well spent.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #10
Tedesco
Motorsports Photography Guru
United_States
Rep
Drives: 98 E36 M3/4/5

ouch that is pricey for tint and clear bra. if anyone wants some top quality work at an affordable price check out Applied Film Technologies in kenilworth, nj. he is working on package pricing for our cars. he did both on my car and it looks great. you can't even see the clear bra. if anyone is interested PM me and i can get you pricing.

-Chris
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #11
kingjod123
Installing an Air Cooler
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedesco
ouch that is pricey for tint and clear bra. if anyone wants some top quality work at an affordable price check out Applied Film Technologies in kenilworth, nj. he is working on package pricing for our cars. he did both on my car and it looks great. you can't even see the clear bra. if anyone is interested PM me and i can get you pricing.

-Chris
Hey can you hit me up with the pricing for tints and clear bra. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2006, 09:13 AM   #12
m to the power of 3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Do you know how much they charge? I need to tint both my cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple1
No I didn't install the tints myself, it was done at a car detailing & tinting place. This was in brooklyn, since you live in Long Island you can always check out this other company named Precision Tints NY, here is the google map.

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=...l&ct=authority
3014 Jericho Tpke, East Northport, NY 11731

I would take LIE or Northern State. I believe the exit for northern state is 42N. mapquest it or google map it and it will tell you exactly.

Tell him you were referred by me Adam with a 335i sedan. You can drop it off in the morning (he opens like 8:15am), He's very good and did my friend's car Calton with a 530xi. Matter of fact mention Calton instead of my name because I got my tints done in Brooklyn and not Precision.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2007, 06:09 PM   #13
NickStam
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

I had my car tinted at Lorenzo's about 3 months ago. No complaints. Good experience.
Appreciate 0