11-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Williams confirm Barrichello and Hulkenberg for 2010

i.e. Kas Nakajima will be looking for a job soon, and Nico Rosberg will soon be either Brawn GP or McLaren as rumors floating around.

But i'm sure Rubens will be a very valuable asset to Williams to develop the 2010 car. I hope GP2 champion Nico Hulkenberg will be great and bring Williams back to its glorious old days...

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin.../11/10187.html

Quote:
Williams will have an all-new race line-up next season, with Rubens Barrichello moving from Brawn GP to partner Williams tester and reigning GP2 champion Nico Hulkenberg. They replace Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima, neither of whom has announced a confirmed drive for 2010.

“Rubens needs no introduction,” team boss Frank Williams said of Barrichello, who is set to become the first man to start 300 Grands Prix next season. “He is not only the most experienced driver in Formula One, but a passionate and talented driver who fought hard for the drivers’ championship this year.

“Nico Hulkenberg won the GP2 Championship this season as a rookie and has previously won the F3 Euroseries, Formula Masters, A1 GP and Formula BMW Germany,” he added in reference to the 22-year-old German, who first tested with Williams in 2008.

Rosberg announced in Abu Dhabi that it would be his last race for Williams, the team with which he made his Formula One debut back in 2006, having won the inaugural GP2 championship the previous year. Since then he has scored 75.5 points for the team, including a podium at the 2008 Australian Grand Prix. Media speculation has linked him to a Brawn drive for 2010.

Nakajima has been largely overshadowed by Rosberg since beginning his F1 race career with Williams at the end of 2007. The Japanese driver has close links with Toyota, who will be replaced by Cosworth as Williams’ engine supplier in 2010.

Paying tribute to his current drivers, Williams said: “Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima remain our drivers until the end of 2009 and I would like to thank them for their contribution to the team. Nico and Kazuki have represented AT&T Williams and our partners with dedication, discipline and skill and we wish them every success with their future endeavours."