Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > anyone purchased tire/wheel insurance?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
MMakoto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lookin'

anyone purchased tire/wheel insurance?

just gotta call from my CA that they have this insurance for tires and wheels. it's actually a service offered by FORD, called easy care. the price is 5yrs or 75k miles for $695. there are shorter periods, but didn't ask any further. i know this was offered before by dealerships, but then they took it away cuz there was too many claims in the ny tri state area, and now it's back. i will definitely purchase the insurance plan due to prior experiences and the area i live in.

note: this is just some info i wanna share
w/ fellow e90posters.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
nyc3r
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

which dealer? PM some contact information. I am in the NYC area
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

do a search on tire insurance and I am sure you will find plenty of reading and perspectives from other users. GL
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E85 M

There are other companies out their that will insure your wheels and tires. I did not get it but I might sign up with these people http://www.theautoclub.com/plans/tire_and_wheel.jsp

Also if you are thinking about switching your run-flats out for some regular tires then that will void the warranty.

In order for the warranty to pay for itself you will need to have at least 3 flats where they will need to replace the tires. The Goodyear dealer by my house patches run-flats for $60. Of course that depends on where the hole is but just saying that because at my dealer the person pushing these warranties flat out said that run-flats are not repairable when you get a flat.

I think it is a waste of money but others will argue it is money well spent.

Ed
      10-17-2006, 02:26 PM   #5
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

is that site good? looks too good to be true!!
      10-17-2006, 02:31 PM   #6
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK_335i
There are other companies out their that will insure your wheels and tires. I did not get it but I might sign up with these people http://www.theautoclub.com/plans/tire_and_wheel.jsp

Also if you are thinking about switching your run-flats out for some regular tires then that will void the warranty.

In order for the warranty to pay for itself you will need to have at least 3 flats where they will need to replace the tires. The Goodyear dealer by my house patches run-flats for $60. Of course that depends on where the hole is but just saying that because at my dealer the person pushing these warranties flat out said that run-flats are not repairable when you get a flat.

I think it is a waste of money but others will argue it is money well spent.

Ed
I signed up for TheAutoClub plan last week. Got the cards in the mail yesterday. Paid a year in advance so it costs somewhat less than $2.50/month. I can't wait to get a flat to see if they pay.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #7
MMakoto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In order for the warranty to pay for itself you will need to have at least 3 flats where they will need to replace the tires.
Ed
this is something i don't understand. how often do u get 3 flats at once during your regular commute? and the autoclub.com site, it looks too cheap to be true for $2.50/mo. has anyone actually used their service to tow their car or replace a flat?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 02:54 PM   #8
MMakoto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc3r
which dealer? PM some contact information. I am in the NYC area
it's life quality bmw in brooklyn, but their website doesn't have any of this info. u can call 718-272-0555 and just ask anyone for assistance.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #9
Paddy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18' M2, AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMakoto
this is something i don't understand. how often do u get 3 flats at once during your regular commute? and the autoclub.com site, it looks too cheap to be true for $2.50/mo. has anyone actually used their service to tow their car or replace a flat?

They ponied up $318 for me for a RFT replacement. No problems and quick service. Just remember to make sure the tire dealer keeps your old tire around so they can correctly fill out the claim form TheAutoCLub will fax them.

Down-side.. they just cancelled my policy because they no longer offer it in California. Bummer!!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 03:35 PM   #10
EDK99
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E85 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMakoto
I'm not saying that you will get 3 flats at one time. Just saying that you will need to get 3 flats over the period of the warranty 5yr or 75k miles.

Ed
      10-17-2006, 03:43 PM   #11
MMakoto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm not saying that you will get 3 flats at one time. Just saying that you will need to get 3 flats over the period of the warranty 5yr or 75k miles.

Ed
are u using this service? did u actually use it in any sorta breakdown?
just wanna see if anyone has used this service and wanna hear from their experience. i definitely need some sorta tire/wheel warranty. nyc roads suck like hell. i have all these mods in mind, but afraid to do it due to road conditions.

note: didn't see Paddy's reply above.
ignore the experience question.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #12
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

I didn't get it on my E90 but I did get it for the M3. It's only cost me less than $400 bucks for 5 years and that's less then what one wheel would cost me. I knew I wouldn't be using the stock wheels and tires long term on the E90 so it didn't make any sense to spend the extra money.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 04:11 PM   #13
houston06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw328i 07 coupe

wait so the guy said he had to pay 318 for runflat replacements..with the auto club, so if you get the insurance from the delaership do you have to pay at allfor a replacement? or how does it work
On order- Jet Black e92 328i coupe... Saddle Brown Interior....Premium...Sports...Comfort...Park Distance....Picked it up, wow...loving the 328 sport wheels and the combination inside out more than i imagined!,,,,
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #14
MMakoto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston06
wait so the guy said he had to pay 318 for runflat replacements..with the auto club, so if you get the insurance from the delaership do you have to pay at allfor a replacement? or how does it work
the guy said theautoclub paid $318 for his new replacement tire, he didn't have to pay any cuz he was covered by their warranty.
the dealership who offered me this deal is, i bring in the car w/ a bad tire and or bad wheel, the warranty will pay for everything w/ just a simple phone call. u as the owner don't have to do anything except to wait for them to replace it. gotta ask my dealerhip to see if they cover aftermarket wheels n tires as well. if they do, then i'll defnitely purhase the 5yr plan.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #15
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
i got a flat last friday... ended up replacing both rear wheels (flat was in driver side rear). i think it was over 1000 dollars... but anyways i payed for all of that and BMW refunds me back money... so in the end I should have only payed for alignment which was 127. I think the warrenty will pay for itself...

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #16
MMakoto
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz
i got a flat last friday... ended up replacing both rear wheels (flat was in driver side rear). i think it was over 1000 dollars... but anyways i payed for all of that and BMW refunds me back money... so in the end I should have only payed for alignment which was 127. I think the warrenty will pay for itself...
did u have theautoclub insurance or others?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #17
jnvrgs
Rep
Drives: 18' 540xi - Black

I also have Whee/ Tire insurance.

It was offered to me by my dealer in NJ. I signed up and am glad i did.

I've already had a Tire & Wheel replaced by them. Pretty painless procedure.

I think it's a must have especially if you live in NYC. So many
Appreciate 0