E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Pace BMW in New York(westchester county)

01-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
DarkSaloon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 X53.5i

Thumbs up Pace BMW in New York(westchester county)

My family recently purchased a 328xi from this dealership, and it was a pleasure in every sense of the word! We dealt with a salesman named Gunn Park, who was not only knowledgeable, but a BMW fanatic just like the rest of us. He drives a 135, so I was pretty happy to know my dad was dealing with another bimmer fanatic. Anyway, he was courteous, upfront, and worked the best deal he could for us. My dad was not only happy, but I was as well, considering this was my dad's first real "nice" car. Our deal was unbeatable, and it only took TWO meetings. The first was more of a get to know the car, and second was make the deal. We had a deal within 20 minutes, nice and easy. We actually got a car that was beyond my dad's specs, and still got a great deal! I wish every dealership made things this easy- so if anyone needs a new BMW in Westchester, NY, there isn't ANYONE else I'd suggest except for Gunn Park.

P.S. Our deal was barely $600 over invoice, which was great considering all the incentives expired.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2010, 01:15 AM   #2
beemer3
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Good to know! So what specs did the car come with?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Totally forgot to post my review. I too had a really great experience with Gunn Park at Pace BMW. My lease on my Z4 was coming up and I contacted 3-4 dealers local to me. End of day, I told Gunn my 3 offers and simply asked if he could beat them. He spoke with his sales manager and came back with a number that was the lowest of all my offers. He was extremely polite, never pushy, and constantly kept me in the loop on the progress of the transaction (from safety inspection, financing arrangements to day of actual sale). Furthermore since I was going with my credit union, the process was a bit more complicated as they needed certain documents to finalize the loan. Gunn went out of his way to obtain these docs from BMW FS and fax them when everyone else said it wasn’t possible to get them (credit union needed front and back copy of the title but BMW FS & other dealers said this could only be released after they received the funds, not before).

And lastly, Gunn even drove me home after I dropped off my car for inspection since there were no loaner vehicles available. He seriously went out of his way whenever possible and gave me the best deal possible. Please do NOT hesitate to call him for anything. He’s an enthusiast like us and genuinely enjoys what he does.
      07-25-2010, 10:50 PM   #4
Bimmerholic
Rep
Drives: 335

Gunn Park is the best at this dealership. One younger salesman completely blew me off because i was young but Gunn gave me the time of day and is easy to work with.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Velvet Orchid M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
Totally forgot to post my review. I too had a really great experience with Gunn Park at Pace BMW. My lease on my Z4 was coming up and I contacted 3-4 dealers local to me. End of day, I told Gunn my 3 offers and simply asked if he could beat them. He spoke with his sales manager and came back with a number that was the lowest of all my offers. He was extremely polite, never pushy, and constantly kept me in the loop on the progress of the transaction (from safety inspection, financing arrangements to day of actual sale). Furthermore since I was going with my credit union, the process was a bit more complicated as they needed certain documents to finalize the loan. Gunn went out of his way to obtain these docs from BMW FS and fax them when everyone else said it wasn’t possible to get them (credit union needed front and back copy of the title but BMW FS & other dealers said this could only be released after they received the funds, not before).

And lastly, Gunn even drove me home after I dropped off my car for inspection since there were no loaner vehicles available. He seriously went out of his way whenever possible and gave me the best deal possible. Please do NOT hesitate to call him for anything. He’s an enthusiast like us and genuinely enjoys what he does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerholic View Post
Gunn Park is the best at this dealership. One younger salesman completely blew me off because i was young but Gunn gave me the time of day and is easy to work with.
+1 just ordered my 335i x drive through him; he's the man!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #6
Bimmerholic
Rep

another downside of this dealership was really the little inventory they had. they usually get alot of their cars from greenwich bmw from what the other salesman told me. im going back this week to hopefully reach a deal with Gunn
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
GFX MIK3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 2008 335xi

Quote:
another downside of this dealership was really the little inventory they had. they usually get alot of their cars from greenwich bmw from what the other salesman told me. im going back this week to hopefully reach a deal with Gunn
yea pace and greenwich are pretty much the same when it comes to sales
we have bought 2 cars from pace, not threw Gunn but threw Bernie Fee but the staff their seems to be the best in westchester
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 02:30 PM   #8
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What are you trying to get?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 02:42 PM   #9
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Nothing to add other than Gunn Park is a badass name
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #10
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep

lmao hahaha
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #11
Bimmerholic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChOy BoY View Post
What are you trying to get?
335d
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 05:30 AM   #12
NYC_e92
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Space Gray 335i

I got my 335i e92 cpo there in 2 months ago. They had great service. The sales men are all very nice. It is true... Their prices there are great but you just have to negotiate. I recommend if you want a CPO to speak to Lee Porrazzo.
      10-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #13
b_u_d
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Graphite Metallic F10 Sport

Argh. I will keep that dealership in mind. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2010, 08:06 AM   #14
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Another glowing review for Gunn Park here. I bought my 09 135i from him at 100 over invoice, did EVERYTHING including the credit app and negotiation over e-mail. His e-mail response rivaled Terry@BMS. It's awesome to see an auto salesperson get with the times in the 21st century. This was back in February of 2009, and I am very happy to see others have found this gem in the BMW network. It's nice to finally see others see what I saw with him.

If I need a NEW BMW again in the future, he's getting first dibs. I was recently shopping around for a CPO E90 335i, and gave Pace BMW first crack, but none of their cars offered was what I wanted and it was Gunn's day off I'm sure Gunn would have given me another helluva deal!
      11-15-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Pace and Greenwich have the same service center and a SA named Norbert sucks.

He tried to charge me a $500 diagnostic fee. BMW's standard diagnostic fee is $135 which is an hour of labor. In the event they find the problem and it is under warranty, the $135 fee is credited back to you. Anyway, he claimed that because they removed panels, without my knowledge/consent, they worked on my car for 4+ hours. He also said it took an hour for the smoke machine to warm up....well then why wouldn't you warm it up before hand if you knew it was going to take that long to start up? Idiot....

It took me less than 5 minutes to remove the panel he sent me a picture of.

He also quoted me $1700 to replace the vent hose in my EVAP system (the reason I brought the car in) running from the carbon canister to my fuel tank.....claiming 14+ hours was necessary to replace the hose. He said the whole rear suspension had to be dropped. Granted the vent hose is routed through the rear axle carrier, all that was need was to drop the fuel tank.....30 mins max to replace the hose. You can easily route the 2 foot hose through the damn carrier.....

I fixed the hose myself for $6 at Home Depot with a union joint and 2 screw clamps.

He also quoted me $600+ to replace the ever so common leaking valve behind the brake booster that takes 20 minutes to replace and is a $20 part.

The point of this rant is that I was mistreated because I am 20 years old and driving a maxed out 330xi. The SA tried to BS me and squeeze money out of me. I countered all his BS in front of his of the manager and that's when they realized they couldn't bullshit me.

He never argued which indicated one of 2 things:

1) He was being courteous.....after hanging the phone up on me, yea ok.
2) He didn't have anything to say because I was right.....

However just to make this story even worse, I told Norbert where the leak was, and it still took them 4+ hours to find it....if they even found it.

Avoid Norbert at all costs.

Sales center is pretty good though.

Last edited by fdriller9; 11-15-2010 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 08:41 PM   #16
1997gtx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi | 08 S5 | 02 S4

^ Ah, crap. I have a service appointment there Thursday and my email calendar says "Norbert" is my SA. Hopefully it will be OK since I'm just getting the 30k service.

Anyone else have any experience with the service there?
      03-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #17
gustnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 BSM 335 xdrive

I bought my 09 335xi in late 08 with Gunn. I asked him for a test drive on a used one and he threw me the keys and said see u in half an hour.. This is the only BMW dealer that I know that'll they let u drive the car alone with out a salesman in the car with u. I got the car actually for a little under invoice because of the cash back rewards and incentives during that time, not to mention 0.9 Apr for 60 months.. All in all he'll get u the best deal out there.. It's a proven fact..

R.I.P. 09 BSM E90 335 xdrive =*(
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #18
nycbr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 TiAg 328xi

The last 2 times I went to Greenwich/Pace for service my SA was Doug Imhoff. I only went for oil changes but he seemed like a no BS and decent guy
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #19
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbr View Post
The last 2 times I went to Greenwich/Pace for service my SA was Doug Imhoff. I only went for oil changes but he seemed like a no BS and decent guy
Doug Imhoff in service hooked me up too, i have the tire/wheel warranty, he got me 3 new tires this last time i went, 2 of which didn't even have leaks just bubbles. he's great.