E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Royal Mail v's 14yr old paper boy

01-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Royal Mail v's 14yr old paper boy

I know the weather is bad and I have not been out in the cars since Tuesday night but........

How come I have had no post since Tuesday but the 14yr old paper boy can still make his round.

No wonder the Royal Mail as a business is on its arse. I have been waiting for several items to arrive in the post for over a week now and getting impatient. Post service has really gone downhill the last few years. Even when the weathers good I don't get post before lunch. Used to get it before breakfast 3 years ago. I am also getting fed up of complaining to the sorting office of recorded/sign for mail being posted with no signature, items of value too big for the letter box being left on the door step and 'you were out' cards being dropped through the letter box when clearly I was in and then have to collect the parcel myself.

End of rant.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

+1

Also, my bloody bins haven't been done in FOUR weeks either - we only have a collection every 2 weeks and they've missed it by a week already!

My bins still have crap in them from before Christmas for Christ sake!

I don't care that it's a bit snowy - you don't see overflowing bins in Europe when they have a bit do you!

That's my rant over!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 03:11 AM   #3
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
My bins fortunately got emptied between Xmas and New year but not since. Soon be overflowing again though.

I did however take a few loads to the tip over Xmas which helped matters.
      01-10-2010, 03:45 AM   #4
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

I take it back. Royal Mail van turned up this morning at 8.30!!! Postie was quite chirpy saying he is doing a Sunday to get shot of the back log. It was like Christmas all over again with the amount of goodies that arrived for the 924. Out now braving the cold to fit 'em.

As for the bins, don't get me started. Still got rubbish from pre xmas as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 03:48 AM   #5
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
That's bloody admirable of him! I wonder what his bosses had to do to get him out today?

Post here has been OK, we're quite lucky.
      01-10-2010, 05:36 AM   #6
Walesy
24 cans in a case, 24 hours in a day Hmmmmmm
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 MSport

They are about as much use a handbrake on a boat up here, I have had mega issue with them delivering the 'sorry you were out' cards when I am standing behind the door waiting for the post...I opened the door and he said that it was to big for him to carry so I would have to collect it, I said No!, you have been paid to deliver it so therfore i will expect it later to day. It really has gone down hill, I posted a spider tuning unit and it went walkies, no trace of it what so ever.
      01-10-2010, 08:33 AM   #7
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
+1

Also, my bloody bins haven't been done in FOUR weeks either - we only have a collection every 2 weeks and they've missed it by a week already!

My bins still have crap in them from before Christmas for Christ sake!

I don't care that it's a bit snowy - you don't see overflowing bins in Europe when they have a bit do you!

That's my rant over!
Our area is the same - we put out our bins (and as it was xmas we are allowed extra carboard allowance for recylcling) and a box of cardboard last Tuesday and they are still sitting outside now! Apparantly they are now going to miss that collection and return this week for our non-recyclable waste. This means a months worth of recycling will be due for collection next time

They have stated in local press they will only collect from roads/streets that have been gritted! Well that is about NONE around here
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Strange how both issues ie. post delivery and bins vary across the country.

Absolutely no problems here whatsoever with either. Postie been everyday apart from Bank Holidays and East Riding council sent out all the new collection times for the three different bins before xmas and have emptied the bins on the days allotted. Almost makes the council tax charges worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 11:35 AM   #9
chris330D
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

I'm in Sussex and had no post, no bins and to cap it all the tip is shut, bit of snow and everyone uses it as an excuse to stay home
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #10
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
I live only half a mile from the tip and the grocery store. I got rid of last week's garbage and picked up this week's garbage in the same trip.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #11
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Bonus or what???
      01-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #12
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
My balls fortunately got emptied between Xmas and New year but not since. Soon be overflowing again though.

I did however take a few loads to the whore house over Xmas which helped matters.

I try empty my load as frequently as I can
      01-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #13
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Talking

I saw what you did there Carlios!!!!

Still, it made me