E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of North Haven, Connecticut

08-17-2005, 02:10 PM   #1
CT-TiAgE90
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 528xi

BMW of North Haven, Connecticut

See Basel Saad, excellent service and a great place to purchase/service a car. We bought 3 cars from him since 2000.

Tell them Christian sent ya.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2005, 11:02 AM   #2
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
hey, WHere if CT are you from. i just bought my 325xi from the north haven dealer, he's about 2 minutes away from me.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
RobertF
Rep
Drives: 540i/6

I too have been very happy with NH and Basel in particular. I just test drove a 330i sport today, and I am very impressed with the car. I'm not sure what variation of the E90 platform I'll wind up with, and in my case there's no sense of urgency as I'm still very much enjoying the 540i/6 I got from NH/Basel back in 2000.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2006, 05:05 PM   #4
DesiInCT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
I bought mine from North Haven BMW too and very happy with their service so far. Rob LaTorraca was the SA and he is cool ... no hassel straight forward deal.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
krote345
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 328i

Garage List
2008 E90  [0.00]
I know it's an old post but the commentary might be useful for someone in central CT looking for a BMW dealer. I live in West Hartford so initially, I went to New Country BMW for a quote. After talking to several people, I decided that North Haven was probably a better place to shop. I was referred to Basel Saad and had a great experience. My 2008 328i is on a ship and will be in my driveway in early March. All is going well and he was extremely helpful in catering into some wierd custom requests (potential registration in different state, front license plate delete, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2008, 06:08 PM   #6
mds82
Major General
Rep

Garage List
i bought my car from NH, but then had Terrible service from them Every time i took the car there. I had more problems leaving then i started with. I go to New Country now
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #7
mojo_dan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i - MSport

Highly recomend Basel Saad @ BMW of north haven.

Great guy to deal with. We've purchased 3 cars from him and he offers competitive pricing and very professional. Same quaility we all expect from the cars we love. I think there is a resaon why he has the stacks of top salesperson trophy's in his office!!! If you're seriously in the mkt to buy a bmw...he's the guy you want.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
dicostal
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo_dan View Post
Highly recomend Basel Saad @ BMW of north haven.

Great guy to deal with. We've purchased 3 cars from him and he offers competitive pricing and very professional. Same quaility we all expect from the cars we love. I think there is a resaon why he has the stacks of top salesperson trophy's in his office!!! If you're seriously in the mkt to buy a bmw...he's the guy you want.
Do you know if they are kewl with mods? I mean if I bring the car in with a DP and FMIC, will they void my warranty?

if not do you know any dealer in CT that is ok with those mods?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
marinellie
Saving lives one shift at a time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicostal View Post
Do you know if they are kewl with mods? I mean if I bring the car in with a DP and FMIC, will they void my warranty?

if not do you know any dealer in CT that is ok with those mods?

Thanks
I was hoping to find out the same thing? I have installed a Remus Race Exhaust and not sure what will happen here.
      03-24-2011, 06:28 PM   #10
joed1
ED RN
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi coupe/2011 X3

I have two cars serviced by them. They have always been fair and accommodating.

As far as the mods go, I would think it is a crap shoot. Haven't heard stories on them either way.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
lace nikks
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by joed1 View Post
I have two cars serviced by them. They have always been fair and accommodating.

As far as the mods go, I would think it is a crap shoot. Haven't heard stories on them either way.
Gotta go there tomorrow for an inspection. I know my lights will fail, but hope everything else is good. Damn, thats 60 miles i going to put on my car!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #12
commander_crash
Rep

Thumbs down Never again

Ever since my warranty expired, I feel like I've had nothing but bad service. Twice they've tried to sell me new tires when the current tires are in fine shape. Eventually I took my car to New Country BMW in Hartford and they verified that the tires were in good shape.

Recently took my car in for service because the hood sensor was malfunctioning and the car kept reporting that the hood was unlatched while I was driving. I took it to BMW North Haven figuring it would be a fast fix. They quoted me a $1000+ repair bill and charged me $130 to diagnose the problem. They said the sensor and CAS module needed to be replaced. I ended up declining service and taking my car to AMW Foreign Car Service in New Haven. The mechanic there was friendly and fixed the problem for free having discovered that the sensor was just out of alignment with the hood. He said he could replace it down the road if it acted up again but it's been a few days and no problems so far.

One of my co-workers has also had terrible experiences with the service department trying to sell him things he doesn't need. Ultimately it seems like they just want to get your money. I've been regular customers of three dealerships over the years in Louisville, Houston, and now Connecticut. North Haven is the first time I felt like I couldn't trust what my service advisor was saying.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #13
hurricane56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander_crash View Post
Ever since my warranty expired, I feel like I've had nothing but bad service. Twice they've tried to sell me new tires when the current tires are in fine shape. Eventually I took my car to New Country BMW in Hartford and they verified that the tires were in good shape.

Recently took my car in for service because the hood sensor was malfunctioning and the car kept reporting that the hood was unlatched while I was driving. I took it to BMW North Haven figuring it would be a fast fix. They quoted me a $1000+ repair bill and charged me $130 to diagnose the problem. They said the sensor and CAS module needed to be replaced. I ended up declining service and taking my car to AMW Foreign Car Service in New Haven. The mechanic there was friendly and fixed the problem for free having discovered that the sensor was just out of alignment with the hood. He said he could replace it down the road if it acted up again but it's been a few days and no problems so far.

One of my co-workers has also had terrible experiences with the service department trying to sell him things he doesn't need. Ultimately it seems like they just want to get your money. I've been regular customers of three dealerships over the years in Louisville, Houston, and now Connecticut. North Haven is the first time I felt like I couldn't trust what my service advisor was saying.
This sounds pretty typical of their dealership. I stopped going there during my CPO warranty period because they never diagnosed my problems correctly. Here's an example:

1. Started hearing humming sound when I let off the gas - blamed it on my tires. Bridgeport BMW found out it was a drive shaft.
2. Windshield wiper relay caused wipers to travel beyond the park position. North Haven just ignored my request, they didn't even write-up the problem on the service order. Bridgeport fixed it.
3. Seat heaters were too hot, North Haven also ignored my issue.

I can name a few other service department failures, but you get the idea. Their service advisers don't really seem to know anything about the brand or cars in general. Also, their parts department could use a serious attitude adjustment. Stay away from this dealership at all costs.
Appreciate 0