ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
pungo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC-X3-35i-525i, Corrado G60

Garage List
Where is the FM Radio tuner located?

I want to connect HD radio tuner to the Intravee II interface. I have successfully connected the Alpine HD tuner and used a spare temporary antenna. It all worked great through the NAV screen. I want to Y into the factory AM/FM radio antenna. I found a spare antenna connector in the trunk, but it was a female connector and after connecting to it, I did not get any signal. It must be an input.

I have a 2007 coupe w/ NAV, Carver subs, and DSP stereo system. I guess it's top system offered for this car. Where is the actual FM tuner located? Is the FM tuner in the dash where the head unit is. Is that where the antenna terminates? There are 2 large electronic boxes in the trunk just behind the seats. One of them has several coax connectors with cables on it. Maybe it's the GPS receiver? It would be nice if I could "Y" into the FM antenna in the trunk since that is where I'm mounting the HD radio tuner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 08:26 PM   #2
Car_Girl
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5 xDrive 5.0i

According to another post I found on the Z4-forum.com site, it's located in the trunk (aka the boot), hidden under the carpet on the back wall.

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewto...t=3715&start=0
Appreciate 0