E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede questions

01-31-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
oner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

PROcede questions

I know how a JB3 works and what maps they have like Map1 is the low boost and map 5 is high boost etc. My questions about the procede is in regards to how it works. Im a noob at tuning and need something that i'll be able to know how to use. Im looking to get a procede but have some questions and am hoping to find some answers with the knowledge of the bimmerpost community.

1) Is there a description / list of the PROcede maps like BMS has for the JB3? low boost or highboost or meth etc.

2) If you change maps using the DTC button does that render the DTC button useless as I like to still be able to turn it on and off.

3) Also how would you clear codes with a Procede. I know BMS uses the Bavtech cable which is a sinch. Is it similar with the Procede?

4) Around how much is a PROcede V4. I'm hearing if you get the ones with remotes then its more expensive? what do the remotes do?

Sorry for all the bad noob questions. I'm just getting started in tuning.

THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by oner View Post
I know how a JB3 works and what maps they have like Map1 is the low boost and map 5 is high boost etc. My questions about the procede is in regards to how it works. Im a noob at tuning and need something that i'll be able to know how to use. Im looking to get a procede but have some questions and am hoping to find some answers with the knowledge of the bimmerpost community.

1) Is there a description / list of the PROcede maps like BMS has for the JB3? low boost or highboost or meth etc.

2) If you change maps using the DTC button does that render the DTC button useless as I like to still be able to turn it on and off.

3) Also how would you clear codes with a Procede. I know BMS uses the Bavtech cable which is a sinch. Is it similar with the Procede?

4) Around how much is a PROcede V4. I'm hearing if you get the ones with remotes then its more expensive? what do the remotes do?

THANKS!
1) stage 1 - bolt ons, stage 2 - with completely catless, stage 3 - completely catless + IC, stage 4 - meth
and you can adjust each setting to cater your taste through laptop hooks on to the v4

2) i would like to know this too.

3) no tools needed to erase code. few steps to your gas pedal and you're done. you need laptop to hook it up to procede to see the code though...

4) wrong info. price should be same. contact shiv!

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 05:07 AM   #3
munters
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 335XI AT Dakota Black M

Quote:

THANKS!
2) You need to push the button twice quickly to change maps.
If you want to change TC you push just once.
      01-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
oner
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have a stock car. Is there a map for that? what are the boost pressures on V4, can these be adjusted with a a laptop?

Is the V4 diagnostically invisible like the JB3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
1) stage 1 - bolt ons, stage 2 - with completely catless, stage 3 - completely catless + IC, stage 4 - meth
and you can adjust each setting to cater your taste through laptop hooks on to the v4

2) i would like to know this too.

3) no tools needed to erase code. few steps to your gas pedal and you're done. you need laptop to hook it up to procede to see the code though...

4) wrong info. price should be same. contact shiv!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

there's valet (stock) map and stage 1, 2, 3, and 4.

i believe stage 1 is 13~14, 2 is 14~15, then 15~16, and 16+ AFAIK and yes it can be adjusted with laptop.

and i believe v4 is also diagnostically invisible since it connect directly to CANBUS.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 01:46 PM   #6
lacartus
Blah blah blah
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
I have a stock car. Is there a map for that? what are the boost pressures on V4, can these be adjusted with a a laptop?

Is the V4 diagnostically invisible like the JB3?
A stock car would use the Stage 1 map.

The boost pressure is adjustable. I've seen 12psi peak-under-load on a manifold boost gauge running v.4.001 with an otherwise stock car. The boost level is adjustable through the laptop software.

I think most people clear codes with the Procede (as described above) and remove it before getting in a diagnostic situation.
      01-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
blisstik
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92

Good info. Could you run stage 3 with upgraded FMIC, catless DPs and stock exhaust setup. This means I'll still have the secondary cats in there?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
For a stock car, the stage 1 map is the map to use. Although, with stg 4, we are testing the stability of higher stage maps in stock cars.

All rev2 Procedes are diagnostically invisible because they have a built in diagnostic tool that can read and clear codes. With this native function, there is no need to castrate the tunes to achieve the same result.

As mentioned earlier, DTC functions like usual. It is not disabled in any way. Mapswitching works by double-clicking on the DTC button as you would on a mouse. A visual on-dash indicator of map selection and traction control status makes sure that you are well informed of settings.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklocust View Post
Good info. Could you run stage 3 with upgraded FMIC, catless DPs and stock exhaust setup. This means I'll still have the secondary cats in there?
I think that really depends on your geographical conditions, and the quality/octane of gas you get in your area.

FWIW, I'm in the NW and granted I have the V3 Rev.I, but I have been running Stg.3 for a while with no problem.......I've got catless DPs, DCI, FMIC, and stock exhaust w/ secondary cats. I also tried running stg.2 but upped my UT value a bit and lowered my ign. correction a bit, and that worked out fine as well. When I'm on Stg. 3 though, I leave all the UT value alone (default).

So some might be able to get a way with running stage 3, and some might not. The best way to tell if the map is too aggressive is to datalog your runs and analyze the graphs. That'll tell you what's cooking in the kitchen, if you know what I mean.

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0