E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Luxury Motors Downers Grove, Il

10-27-2006, 01:47 PM   #1
needashower
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 Saab 9-3 Arc

Luxury Motors Downers Grove, Il

Any one every had any dealings with this dealership? Their prices seem too good to be true.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #2
Ucan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I purchased my '02 330ci from them in '04. One of the largest "luxury car dealers" in the world. I saw several hundreds of BMWs, Mercedes, Audis, Porsches etc. in their lots.

The salesmen are on the aggressive side - they perform all kinds of sales pitches & tactics. Just make your research and know what you want to pay for the car. There's going to be 10-15 young men walking around at the main parking area - do not let them handle you for negotiation. They are mostly junior staff who are practicing their sales skills. Try to avoid them and enter the building on the right (when you enter the main parking lot) You will see several salesmen in cubicles. Approach one of them and start the conversation. These are moe experienced ones and they have more flexibility in negotiations. You may get a better deal with one of them.

Make sure to check Carfax report. They have provided me with a carfax report for free. I'm still driving that car and I did not have any issues at all. (By the way, it's going to be on sale in 2 weeks as I'll be getting my E92)

Their value proposition is to circulate as many cars as possibles with relatively lower margins. Why not take advantage of that!

Let me know if you have other questions.

Ucan
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
Master Deep
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
They have a REALLY bad reputation. A lot of their cars have serious problems. When I went in looking for an e90, the salesman was really shady.

There are some good deals to be found though. But I would steer clear of them unless they have a car that matches your requirements perfectly. Always get a PPI done.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2006, 09:05 PM   #4
Viral
Major
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

my close friends bought their Aston Martin and Lambo Gallardo from there.....they swear by them.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2006, 11:24 PM   #5
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

omg do not trust them...get a car fax if u r..we bought 3 porsches with them and a meredes...da 2nd porsche had 10 grand worth of damage and we had da car for 2 days...their biznatches..we were gonna sue and blah so we had some agreement on the next porsche...if u get manual have fun bringin it back 2 them soon..
Appreciate 0