E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Want to install LEDs in my tail lights

02-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #1
NoSole
Bearquin by nature
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Want to install LEDs in my tail lights

So I've already done the corner delete mod and installed LEDs up front, and now I wanna clear the rear lights. Specifically, I want to replace the amber turn signals and reverse lights so they match my nice white LEDs up front. I don't care about changing my brake lights because I already tinted the lower half of my black lines, and adding LEDs would just cost more money and make more work for something I wouldn't even really notice. And I also don't want to replace my entire housings with plug-n-play, aftermarket LED-rigged systems cuz I already took the time to tint mine to how I like them, and it's just more expensive than I have money for right now.

So, question... what are the bulb codes from the the turn signal and reverse lights? And has anyone else attempted this already who can offer advice or insight on the difficulties?

I plan on making the switch this week and will be happy to take pics and create a proper DIY when I'm done.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
NoSole
Bearquin by nature
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

30 views and no response? C'mon guys. I know I'm not the only one who's had this idea.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
piggelin
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i E90 2005

its expensive, cheaper to buy new led black line taillights. i have genuine black lines and i am only going to change the blinker, coz i did a pre-lci > lci xenon convert = led blinkers, and also bought led side markers so i said, hey, why not the rear too.

think a guy wanted 50-60 $ with shipping to sweden for two ambers led bulbs and a equalizer. pm him and ask him

Mike@F1 Autohaüs
Appreciate 0