E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Need Help with this code!

05-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
whn
Captain
Finland
Rep
Drives: Range Rover Sport

Exclamation Need Help with this code!

I was making a turn into road and decided to turn off DTC to make a nice sideway entrance. I turned and then punched it on 'D or DS' (I was in panic so I cant remember) car did go sideways but didnt change the gear! (road was pretty wet)

Immidiately it throwed this on the dash:

"Automatic Transmission faulty" go to your nearest BMW dealer.

I was in panic that I broke the gearbox because It didnt change the gear even if I pushed the paddles or move the stick from DS to D (or D to DS) .
Luckily I had my friend who worked at my bmw dealer with me so he told to take it easy and stop and restart the car.

you know what happened then? Gearbox worked like it was a virgin (or like nothing was happened) again so smooth shifts and the "panic code" was gone.

I scanned the car with BT and I found following code

4F87:
Speed transmition ratio 1-2
Error will not cause a warning light
Error is not currently present
Test conditions have been completed

Should I be worried? My friend assured me that everything with gearbox is ok but still Im scared like shit.

My friend told me that it happened because the road was so wet and I broke the traction so hard (+the wet road) that transmission didnt know when to change the gear because it didnt get enought load.

Could that be it?

Thanks.
Mods: Stage 3+, FULLY LOADED
Appreciate 0