E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Xede tuning and AWD ?

12-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
theguy
Rep
Drives: AUdi 2001 S4

Xede tuning and AWD ?

I believe that the 335 will be available in AWD in the spring. Will this tuning system work with the Xi flavour of the 335? I presume that the xi will be slower than the RWD but this tuning enhancement could more than compensate. If currently we are seeing in around 4.4 seconds on a regular 335, what would be the expectations for an xi?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 02:01 PM   #2
Bravo1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Accord

The XI should actually have some pretty nice acceleration given the problems with putting down power currently in the 2WD 335. With a clutch drop you should see 4.4 seconds easily... but this can cook your clutch or blow a diff.

As far as handling goes... you will understeer more but if the AWD system is good enough you should be able to control that pretty well just by using different driving techniques.

Oh and yes the Xede should work in the XI, but your overall numbers generated will be a little lower due to the additional drivetrain loss. Plus it will need to be tuned on an AWD dyno which is not as common.... but Shiv still may do some EVO and Subbie days where they have to use an AWD dyno, so I am sure you can slot right in.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #3
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Plus I think it weighs around 200 more pounds than the 335i so I don't know about EASILY doing 4.4 seconds