ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #1
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

DICE/Intravee/OEM ipod kit - which to get?

I know this question has been asked time and time again in the past but I wasn't able to find much information that was still up to date.

My research seemed to indicate that the Intravee II was the favored solution for cars with Nav. However, It seems that it's "no longer available due to the discontinuation of the Alpine KCA420i module for ipod function."
http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catal...-item-166.html ?

Ron Stygar and several other users have said good things about the OEM kit, but doing a search on the part number for the oem GEN3 kit at Tischer gives a message saying "Part number 65110035961 was superseded by part number 65110439428." Googling 65110439428 and going to the ECS Tuning link has a block of copy that says "Does not work on Premium radio or Navigation units." So, is there no longer an OEM integration kit that works on cars with Navigation? Seems hard to believe.

So does that leave DICE as basically the only ipod integration solution? How does the current Silverline Pro compare to Intravee or the OEM solution?

I have an 07 with Nav. I don't need something fancy -- just something that WORKS. I.e. navigate through the menus at decent speed, without any silly limitations as to the number of albums/artists you can have, with integrated tracknumber/artist/album/title on the Nav display. Would love to see some screenshots and opinions from some fellow users.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
Fen335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 / X5d / Z4 M Roadster

here's some good info I received a few months ago: http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360088

Last edited by Fen335i; 06-09-2010 at 05:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Hedward
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW M Roadster

Going down this same path now. I have '07 M Roadster with premium sound DSP and Navigation. Which manufacturer did you end up with?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
Armatron
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: z4mc

I've been researching this a good bit and from what I've read neither the oem nor the intravee will charge the iphone..

I'm the exact same boat.. 08, DSP with upgraded stereo but no nav

I want steering controls, charging, and it'd be great if the display would show song names as well

The Dice unit claims to charge on their main website but not on the bavariansoundwerks site.. Plus there really isn't much clarification that I can find between the newer DSP plugs and whatnot..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
RCNet
Woof!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Ti Silver Z4 M Coupe

You can add iPhone (USB) charging to any iPod interface kit with a simple adaptor provided that it supported charging the older iPods. I have the OEM interface which I use with my iPhone 4 daily. When I updated the interface to the SpecDock, I included one of these to allow it to charge the newer iPods/iPhones.
http://indashpc.org/new/accessories/charger-3gcr.html
      01-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #6
Armatron
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: z4mc

I just don't like all these adapters and stuff..

I found the dice mediabridge, which supports a2dp, charging, steering wheels controls, and displays text

So.. Now I have to decide if it's worth ~$400 for the dice kit, dsp adapter, etc
Appreciate 0