E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i Nitrous kit ?

12-23-2006, 11:10 PM   #1
MiAmiBoosT305
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 335i E90

335i Nitrous kit ?

does anyone have a 335i with a nitrous kit or has seen one?

Live 2 Race Race 2 Live
ALL HAIL BMW!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2006, 11:14 PM   #2
18LLC
Major General
Rep
Drives: e89

i didn't know anyone trying to kill his/her e9x that badly yet.
      12-23-2006, 11:16 PM   #3
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

dont nitrous and turbos mix badly?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2006, 11:37 PM   #4
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
go for it!

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 12:41 AM   #5
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiAmiBoosT305
does anyone have a 335i with a nitrous kit or has seen one?
Do whippets count?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #6
BizKid
Vitamin K
Rep
Drives: 2002 yellow Lexus is300

turbo + nitrous = fun!
actually its quite safter then you think, the ecu retards the ignition timing because of the boost in order to stop detonation. nitrous just cools the charged air in the cyl. therefore making more power.
i cant count on one hand the evo's in my area with bottles in the trunk.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 09:14 AM   #7
Vinobien
The 3 Day Diet!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray e92, 88 911 Cab

Garage List
Evos are not BMW's and are driven by kids. No repsectable BMW owner would hook up nitrous. If so, they should have bought an EVO and spent the extra cask to get 500+.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 09:23 AM   #8
BizKid
Vitamin K
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinobien
Evos are not BMW's and are driven by kids. No repsectable BMW owner would hook up nitrous. If so, they should have bought an EVO and spent the extra cask to get 500+.
you are intitled to your own opinion, but more times then not many are going to want that extra power in a safe reliable way, of course backed by a hefty check. Calling people with modding ambition "unrespectable" id say is way out of line. just because they dont fall under your impressions of a "bmw owner" is null a void, and just proves you are lets say.. a "badge whore". no hard feelings, let the guys play.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 09:27 AM   #9
Vinobien
The 3 Day Diet!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Im modding mine just not with stupid ass nitrous.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #10
BizKid
Vitamin K
Rep

Quote:
Im modding mine just not with stupid ass nitrous.
calling it stupid just proves the fact you have no idea what it does, how it works, and how safe it can be when done correctly. albiet givin the media and the portait of the juice in movies, generally the reaction with it comes to spray is mixed, mainly from infulences from the f&f series and the kids down the street with the 125 shot in a 1.6l civic. all bad stuff.
but ill call it now, when all of the skeptics see the dyno numbers from a measly 50 jet on a turbo car with the full readings from EGT & AFR showing the controlabilty... many of you will be debating... sould i do it? and those of you that dont, just want be as fast lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 09:44 AM   #11
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93

$$ for $$, I'm not feeling the advantage of nitrous in the 335 unless you do a full rebuild with a single large turbo meant mostly for drag racing.

Instead getting into the "stupid" game, why don't you post your explanation of exactly how, why, and under what build criteria it would work well?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 10:01 AM   #12
Lucid4000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i AW Sport 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i Sport  [0.00]
Quote:

I wouldn't consider myself a kid. And I would have no problem adding nitrous on my BMW. You should really undertand the concept before knocking it. The fast and furious movies really ruined the image for NOS for the small people. Most kits don't even get directed into the engine directly. It comes through via your CAI. It just freezes the air going in. Or you can get an intercooler kit which is designed specific for cars with turbo's and superchargers. You shouldn't bash things you have no clue about.

Mobile Addictions
718.877.7700 or info@mobile-addictions.com
www.mobile-addictions.com
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 10:05 AM   #13
BizKid
Vitamin K
Rep

Sdiver because u asked nicely i will elaborate lol.
unlike the belief of most people nitrous does NOT explode. it is not flamible, it infact will not burn on its own. nitrous oxide works of the properties of expansion, nitrious in its bottled form is compress into a dense liquid, upon leaving the bottle the nitrous expands conforming to a gas. this gas carries oxygen atoms. the nitrous gas is then mixed with fuel from being drawn into the compression chamber via the intake stroke of the crank shaft, at this time the air charge has been cooled, during the compression stroke the nitrous is super heated, making the oxygen atoms go into over drive, as they are compressed and ignited the extra oxygen that was introduced by the nitrous injection uses up the remaning (extra) fuel from the ignition of the air and fuel mixture. causing more power. this is a dry system, it uses the remaning fuel in the combustion chambers, not all fuel is burned in the power stroke, the nitrous adds the needed oxygen to burn the fuel effiecntly, its is good for upto 75 additional HP this will litlerally bolt on about 45-50 rwhp, anything above this requires a seperate fuel system to add the addition fuel required for the extra nitrous.

this all goes with the maturity of the driver, you dont use nitrous every day, u use it on your cruise nights, pull the rabbit out of the hat when that other faster car cant figure out why u drilled him. if you run a 3 bottles a month thru your car, its bad news. the occational useage will not harm your engine, its the abuse that always leads to engine failure. if you LEARN and RESPECT what this will do for your car you will enjoy many years of bottled fun.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 10:30 AM   #14
Lucid4000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i AW Sport 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i Sport  [0.00]
+1

Mobile Addictions
718.877.7700 or info@mobile-addictions.com
www.mobile-addictions.com
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #15
Vinobien
The 3 Day Diet!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Looks like I successfully stirred folks up. Trix are for kids.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #16
BizKid
Vitamin K
Rep

you stirred no one. dont flatter yourself.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 10:52 AM   #17
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizKid
Sdiver because u asked nicely i will elaborate lol.
unlike the belief of most people nitrous does NOT explode. it is not flamible, it infact will not burn on its own. nitrous oxide works of the properties of expansion, nitrious in its bottled form is compress into a dense liquid, upon leaving the bottle the nitrous expands conforming to a gas. this gas carries oxygen atoms. the nitrous gas is then mixed with fuel from being drawn into the compression chamber via the intake stroke of the crank shaft, at this time the air charge has been cooled, during the compression stroke the nitrous is super heated, making the oxygen atoms go into over drive, as they are compressed and ignited the extra oxygen that was introduced by the nitrous injection uses up the remaning (extra) fuel from the ignition of the air and fuel mixture. causing more power. this is a dry system, it uses the remaning fuel in the combustion chambers, not all fuel is burned in the power stroke, the nitrous adds the needed oxygen to burn the fuel effiecntly, its is good for upto 75 additional HP this will litlerally bolt on about 45-50 rwhp, anything above this requires a seperate fuel system to add the addition fuel required for the extra nitrous.

this all goes with the maturity of the driver, you dont use nitrous every day, u use it on your cruise nights, pull the rabbit out of the hat when that other faster car cant figure out why u drilled him. if you run a 3 bottles a month thru your car, its bad news. the occational useage will not harm your engine, its the abuse that always leads to engine failure. if you LEARN and RESPECT what this will do for your car you will enjoy many years of bottled fun.
cliffs:

nitrous oxide = bigger explosion in cylinder

bigger explosion in cylinder = more power

bigger explosion in cylinder also = more stress on cylinder walls

more stress on cylinder walls = greater chance for engine failure

the only BMW owners i see thinking about NOS on their car are the 16-20 year olds whos daddy and mommy bought them their car...

either that or someone extremely rich who has money up his ass to blow

i dont see anyone putting an unsafe mod (unsafe compared to other performance mods out there) on their 40,000 car that they worked so hard to be able to have.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 10:54 AM   #18
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

plus, if you combine something like the Xede with a Nitrous system, you're pretty much GURANTEED an engine failure.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #19
BizKid
Vitamin K
Rep

Why is it that everyone thinks that because its a BMW that nitrous will not work for it? a compression engine is the same no matter who makes it.
why is a failure gurenteed? because you say so? do you know when the walls will break? xede + nitrous? well what about about xede + all the other mods that will come out in the future for the 335i? that will ammount to more power then a simple bolt on 45 hp nitrous kit.
by your theory, once you get the xede, you cannot get a down pipe, or an intake... even a exaust... for that matter anything that will up your power + xede. does that make sence to you?

just because you dont like nitrous for any reason and im going out on a limb and saying you have never even used it before. but to you its not living up to the bage whoring standard of a BMW. just because you wont use it dosent mean you should create theorys that will vary descisions of other to use it or not its their car, if mommy - daddy - or the owner bought it whats it to you? jelous?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 11:21 AM   #20
DIRKD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan

I will probably get flamed, but come on guys these cars are not Hondas. Yes I know if used in moderation nitrous can be added to just about every car. IMO I don't want to see a bunch of 335's with dragon stickers and huge bench wings on the trunks. I'm all for suspension, wheels and exhaust mods but when you start putting blow offs on BMW's. Before you hate too hard, in 1993 I had an Accord with cams headers and all that crap. Then i moved upto a Acura GSR added nitrous and then fianally turboed it in 1996. But from 1999 I've bought two e46's and one Mercedes C32. I had moved up to luxury cars because I was sick of getting revved on by every kid in a Honda that pulls up to me. Now that I have ordered a 335 sedan I dread all this coming around full circle again.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 11:46 AM   #21
BizKid
Vitamin K
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRKD
I will probably get flamed, but come on guys these cars are not Hondas. Yes I know if used in moderation nitrous can be added to just about every car. IMO I don't want to see a bunch of 335's with dragon stickers and huge bench wings on the trunks. I'm all for suspension, wheels and exhaust mods but when you start putting blow offs on BMW's. Before you hate too hard, in 1993 I had an Accord with cams headers and all that crap. Then i moved upto a Acura GSR added nitrous and then fianally turboed it in 1996. But from 1999 I've bought two e46's and one Mercedes C32. I had moved up to luxury cars because I was sick of getting revved on by every kid in a Honda that pulls up to me. Now that I have ordered a 335 sedan I dread all this coming around full circle again.
i agree with you, just somethings dont belong on a certian car, like the wings and garbage like that... but like you i once was a honda guy, fully built turbo cars + nitrous, 1 nitrous car, i have seince upgraded to luxury, moved onto lexus w/ tasteful exterior mods and all business under the hood. and im am now going to play with the 335i platform.
i am an enthusiest no matter what i own im gonna screw with it. i think thats what alot of these guys need to realise that there are performance people and there are comfy ride people. no matter what someone owns, if performance appeals to them its going to get mods, be it honda, bmw, or ferrari..
but you guys wait the bench wing, the fart can, will come once the used 335i market starts to hit mid summer.

BWT i still get revved at by everything from kia rios to z06's. if you got rims, they rev, if you got tints, they rev. its just a fact of life now, we can thank f&f for that 1 lol
oh and lets not forget the classic ricer fly by lol
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2006, 12:42 PM   #22
Vinobien
The 3 Day Diet!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Once the 335 is out for 4 or 5 years and kids, etc. can afford used 2007 versions, we will see the stupid wings, nitrous, etc. I doubt it will be next summer ..... maybe in LA but not CT.
Appreciate 0