E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Something wrong with my car?

07-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Something wrong with my car?

So here is the situation:

I might be going crazy, but once I have a chance I will go out and post a video and check again to make sure that i am not going crazy.

So today i am driving back and I notice that in 2nd gear the rpm and the car is acting strangely. When i would accelerate the in 2nd gear the rpms would act like someone who never drove stick before was behind the wheel(bucking? my friend said this might be the term I am looking for). So When i was pulling into my stop I put the car in 1st and then let the revs climb. The car felt like it had no turbos (i couldnt even hear the turbos spool) So here are some of my questions:

1. If I have a boost leak (even a small one) will the car give me some warning? I know when my chargepipe blew off it gave me the 1/2 engine sign.

2. I have been having the a10a code (have searched not sure exactly what it is) can this be causing my problem?

3. Could it be from bad gas?

Any other ideas of what it could be? I am running procede v3, DCI, Riss Racing DP and that is it.

Please let me know what you guys think.

MK

Last edited by mkPOTO; 07-26-2010 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Almost sounds like a dying HPFP. Have you re-checked for codes? I'm thinking there has got to be more than a10a code there.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Almost sounds like a dying HPFP. Have you re-checked for codes? I'm thinking there has got to be more than a10a code there.
I had cat codes and a water pump code

This is what I had a few days ago (sorry dont have a pic with the a10a code)

Shiv is it possible that the fuel pump is going and there wouldnt be a code or a CEL light on?
When I cleared the code the water pump never came back on and the car never went into limp mode
And what is the a10a code mean?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
I had cat codes and a water pump code

This is what I had a few days ago (sorry dont have a pic with the a10a code)

Shiv is it possible that the fuel pump is going and there wouldnt be a code or a CEL light on?
When I cleared the code the water pump never came back on and the car never went into limp mode
And what is the a10a code mean?
Looks like you have a water pump code. Which would explain why your car acted slow/sluggish. You may have to get it replaced. And it's a good idea not to drive your car until it is resolved. First thing to do is to check your 40amp fuse in your your DME compartment. If it's blown, you will get some water pump related codes. Replace the fuse and see if it blows again. If it doesn't you should be good to go. If it blows again, you probably need a new water pump.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Looks like you have a water pump code. Which would explain why your car acted slow/sluggish. You may have to get it replaced. And it's a good idea not to drive your car until it is resolved. First thing to do is to check your 40amp fuse in your your DME compartment. If it's blown, you will get some water pump related codes. Replace the fuse and see if it blows again. If it doesn't you should be good to go. If it blows again, you probably need a new water pump.

Shiv
Thanks Shiv,
are you talking about the fuse 50 (red)
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...r335i07/01.jpg
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 12:26 PM   #6
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
Thanks Shiv,
are you talking about the fuse 50 (red)
http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...r335i07/01.jpg
Nope.. it looks like you don't have the 40amp fuse in the same location as I do. See if there are any other fuses that you can inspect. If all looks good, it's probably just time for a new water pump.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #7
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Nope.. it looks like you don't have the 40amp fuse in the same location as I do. See if there are any other fuses that you can inspect. If all looks good, it's probably just time for a new water pump.

Shiv
i actually stole that from the internet, i think mine looks the same, so if the fuse isnt fried what would you suggest i do next?
and what does the a10a code? i feel like there isnt a clear answer to it
Appreciate 0