BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

Mporium BMW

09-03-2010, 02:21 AM   #1
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

M3 - NEW Model For Australia

Spoke to my local dealer today, they enlightened me to a new M3 coupe that will be coming "soon" (not sure when). I got a few of the highlights as being:
  • Velour inserts in the seats
  • 19's were included at n/c
  • Sat nav delete
  • seat heating delete
  • can't remeber but there was more deletes
The upside being a ~$10k price drop which as I said to the dealer ain't much. His reponse was that if you added the features back on it was still cheaper that purchasing a standard M3 coupe (mainly as a result of the 19's being standard).

Anyone else heard of this yet?

Oh yeh, he mentioned that the ghastly holden style green was now an option (or soon will be). Can't wait for that one !
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 03:15 AM   #2
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Just call me scoop, here we go!

(some of my figures were out but... anyway)

excert from: http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mell...257793002536BD

By MARTON PETTENDY BMW Australia has announced ‘Pure Edition’ versions of its fire-breathing M3 sedan and coupe, priced at up to $17,300 lower than the models upon which they are based.

Production of both Pure M3s will be limited to just 100 vehicles for Australia – including 50 coupes and 50 convertibles – before first local deliveries take place in early 2011.

The timing of BMW Australia’s M3 Pure Edition announcement is likely to spoil the release of at least one of two Mercedes-Benz models to be revealed at the Sydney motor show on September 30, including a C63 AMG-based special likely to be similar in concept to the UK’s DR 520.

Claimed to be specifically designed for Australia, both Pure Edition M3s will come with 19-inch M double-spoke alloy wheels with exclusive Black High-Gloss finish and 245/35 R19 tyres up front (265/35 R19 tyres at the rear), a bonnet air intake in Black High-Gloss, a BMW Individual kidney grille in Dark Chrome, BMW Individual side gills in Dark Chrome and BMW Individual exhaust tips in Dark Chrome.

Extending the even more sporting theme to the interior of both cars is a unique new standard upholstery - Anthracite cloth with black leather – while the head restraints are trimmed in black Novillo leather and embossed with the BMW M symbol.

This Pure special-edition will be available in Alpine White and Black exterior paint colours, although metallic colours including Le Mans Blue, Silverstone, Space Grey, Melbourne Red, Jerez Black, Mineral White and Interlagos Blue will be offered as optional extras.

There are no changes to the M3’s legendary 309kW/400Nm 4.0-litre V8 – or the 4.8 and 4.9-second claimed 0-100km/h sprint times for the M3 coupe and sedan respectively - but 2010 model year M3 additions including brake energy regeneration and an automatic idle-stop function will be standard.

Both cars will also come with high-performance ventilated and perforated compound disc brakes, the variable M differential lock and, on the coupe, a carbonfibre-reinforced plastic roof.

The M3 Coupe Pure Edition manual will be priced at $148,300 – precisely $10,000 less than the standard M3 Coupe ($158,300) – while Pure Edition M3 Sedan is set at $135,000 – some $17,300 less than the M3 sedan ($152,300) it is based on.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
M3 Pilot
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' F80 M3 ZCP

I reckon its good if you intend to turn it into a track car or you just don't fancy those options.

Just looking at the option list.

M Drive - $3501
DCT - $7302
EDC - $4000
Climate Comfort - $390
Electric Sunblind - $885
Extended connectivity of Music player & Mobile - $220
TV - $2249
Individual Audio - $2050
Extended Novillo - $2449

Depending on what has been deleted, you can total up the value from the list provided.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #4
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
I don't know how well this car will sell. Maybe aimed at 3 series coupe owners who cannot afford the series M3 with all the luxuries. I also think BMW is trying to claw back some market share after it was trounced by MB.

I believe we in Australia are spoilt with top end models and option our BMW's to the hilt, so I am not sure how well the "poverty pack" will attract buyers. Very interesting. I can't see why they can't boost the power with some ECU tune and make it more attractive.
      09-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
johnnydad
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2 - 05 RS Clio 182 Cup

Not a particularly helpful article when it comes to the fine details - the sedan is priced yet the allocation is 50 each coupe and convertible. Did he mean 50 coupes and 50 sedans? Manual sedan at $135 I like the sound of.

Personally I have no interest in nav, heated seats or a sunroof. iDrive is nice though.

How important is M-drive and EDC - anyone here driven with/without who could offer an opinion?
99 BMW Baby Racer - red; 05 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup - French Racing Blue - Konis - Eibachs - Remus - Turinis
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydad View Post
Not a particularly helpful article when it comes to the fine details - the sedan is priced yet the allocation is 50 each coupe and convertible. Did he mean 50 coupes and 50 sedans? Manual sedan at $135 I like the sound of.

Personally I have no interest in nav, heated seats or a sunroof. iDrive is nice though.

How important is M-drive and EDC - anyone here driven with/without who could offer an opinion?
Agreed, the article is VERY vague, talk to a dealer they should know more specifics.

re sedan versus coupe versus vert, this article says sedan and coupe which I reckon is more accurate.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/507...-for-australia

I mean really ... how many convertible M3's are there out in drive ways today versus sedans and coupes. I suggest this latter article is more accurate.

I think the other point not really emphasised here is you get a car that will be lighter and cheaper than a vanilla M sedan or coupe. It will enevitabbly impact on resale of the cars out there on the second hand market, but remeber they are saying, at this stage anyways, this is a limited build number so it will dissapear realtively quick IMO. Then again the way BM is going of late there is bound to be more of these limited limited limiteds.

Re the MDrive etc, those who own or have test driven a sedan are the only ones who can answer that one for you (they are the only M3's to have it as an option..... currently)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2010, 02:27 AM   #7
eff1dude
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY17 M3 Competition S/S

Spoke to my dealer today about these. I was out & about when he rang back so, from memory, the delete items were; Harmon Kardon stereo, CD stacker, heated seats, folding mirrors, comfort access, novillo leather (replaced with leather/anthracite cloth as per article), adaptive headlights and metallic paint. Inclusions are from the BMW Individual catalogue.

He did mention that extended connectivity of music player was now std. Also said that Nav was still included. Other items such as HK or Individual audio, EDC, M-drive, Sunroof, etc are still available as options but if you added these back in you'd be back up to 'normal' price pretty quickly.

Most of the delete items don't bother me, even though my current car has some of them (comfort access, adaptive headlights). Wouldn't even have minded if the nav was deleted and the price was another $4k cheaper <g>.

Commences as Nov build for Jan 2011 delivery.

I like the idea of an M3 that strips out some of the 'luxury' items that you mightn't want. You can always add them in if you need to. I understand that the small numbers sold in Oz mean that we don't have the configuration flexibility of the larger markets such as the US, but this fits the bill nicely. Quite tempting ....
Appreciate 0