E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > **********s e92 m3 rep hood/bumper

09-09-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
arhim22
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M6, 2004 Lamborghini G

**********s e92 m3 rep hood/bumper

i've recently purchased a e92 m3 rep hood/bumper from **********s. Alan hooked me up with a great deal so I went on and purchased it. The hood came damaged with cracks in 2 spots, the bumper looked flawless. I didn't want to wait to deal with shipping back the hood to get a different one so i asked if they can they can reimburse me for the damages if i had it repaired by my local shop because my car had already been in the shop for 2 weeks while I ordered the hood and bumper. (They were nice and offered me a couple % off on my next purchase.) which I didn't take. Couple days later, after adjusting and with the fitment, the guy from the body shop calls me and says there a huge gap between the kidney grills and the hood itself. almost about 1.5 inches so he added an inch to the hood to try to close up the gap. (Doesn't look as bad as before but still not happy with it) I can still fit my fingers between the kidneys and hood and hooks like the hood is open.. I tried contacting **********s to see if we can do something about that but haven't heard from them in a while. The bumper fitment was pretty good, just minor work and looks awesome but the hood. not so much. Overall, I'm not the happiest shopper but I know a lot of people wanted a pic of the full m3 rep front from **********s so here it is. (with some work of course)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #2
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Kyung, I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the fitment of the hood. However, I need to emphasize the fact that we were 100% willing to work with you on the exchange of the hood to get you a perfect piece, yet you declined. We did not reimburse you for the damages as it was caused by shipping damage yet you decided to keep the hood and have your body shop work on it to repair the damages. You also did get a killer package deal for the front bumper and the hood. I'm sure that the fitment issues would have been resolved if you allowed us to get you the replacement. Here's a picture of the exact same hood on XYR03's car.

[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/MISC/DSC_0361.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/MISC/DSC_0390.jpg[/img]
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #3
arhim22
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M6, 2004 Lamborghini G

It was just the fact that I couldn't keep the car at the shop any longer to have the hood shipped out then wait for the new one to come in.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

It was really crazy of you not to return the hood and get a replacement. You could have just installed it with a friend. Sorry to say but that really looks bad. Patience is a virtue...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #5
Asian Thunder
Private
Rep
Drives: e92

i would rather drive around without a hood, the fitment is horrible maybe the shop didnt do a good job putting it on or its the hood itself.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
Bakeme521
Some say...
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fresh

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.24]
Is it just me or does that hood fit like crap. Sorry OP but your hood doesn't fit anywhere near as good as the hood in the pictures from **********s...

On a better note, the front bumper looks great.

I have exhaust and an intake...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

have you shop re-adjust it

at first, mine wasn't so great

with some play around, got pretty good
not 100% but good nonetheless
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
M KonZepT
Private
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E93

Garage List
2007 335i E93  [9.00]
More pics please!! thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
xquizitdjx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

The fitment on both hoods pictured dont look right to me.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 12:21 PM   #10
carbonfreak
Private
Rep
Drives: 320i M-sport

Sorry to say that bro. It's like you've hit something. Try to get it done by someone more pro. Maybe it'll help...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #11
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com View Post

[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/MISC/DSC_0361.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/MISC/DSC_0390.jpg[/img]
I too had a similar situation, my car was in the shop waiting on parts from a forum vendor, and the order was a little messy as I got damaged goods and had to have them ship new one's, but at the end of the day I can look at my car and be nothing less than ABSOLUTELY PLEASED with the fitment and quality of the product!

I will say this, even the pics posted above (the one's by **********s where they try to state their case) look absolutely terrible, I wouldnt be too proud of those pics guys (**********s)!!! I wouldnt be happy with the fitment of that either, let alone the fitment of the hood of the OP!
      10-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
kanecvl
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 535d

Quote:
Originally Posted by arhim22 View Post
i've recently purchased a e92 m3 rep hood/bumper from **********s. Alan hooked me up with a great deal so I went on and purchased it. The hood came damaged with cracks in 2 spots, the bumper looked flawless. I didn't want to wait to deal with shipping back the hood to get a different one so i asked if they can they can reimburse me for the damages if i had it repaired by my local shop because my car had already been in the shop for 2 weeks while I ordered the hood and bumper. (They were nice and offered me a couple % off on my next purchase.) which I didn't take. Couple days later, after adjusting and with the fitment, the guy from the body shop calls me and says there a huge gap between the kidney grills and the hood itself. almost about 1.5 inches so he added an inch to the hood to try to close up the gap. (Doesn't look as bad as before but still not happy with it) I can still fit my fingers between the kidneys and hood and hooks like the hood is open.. I tried contacting **********s to see if we can do something about that but haven't heard from them in a while. The bumper fitment was pretty good, just minor work and looks awesome but the hood. not so much. Overall, I'm not the happiest shopper but I know a lot of people wanted a pic of the full m3 rep front from **********s so here it is. (with some work of course)
I had the same problem with my hood from there. It came with scratches and defects in the hood. It also did not fit flush like oem. It does fit a lil better than yours. but still off a bit. try taking the two weather stripping peices under the hood out that helped the most. The kept feeding me bs about adjusting the safety hood catch thing but that will help nothing as it is for safety if the hood pops up. I didn't even bother asking for discount because I knew what would happen they would say it was shipping or happened at the body shop where it was shipped.
Attached Images

10-22-2010, 03:06 PM   #13
kanecvl
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 535d

Just about the same fitment? Not good.
Attached Images

07-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #14
rooringhusky
Objects in the mirror are losing
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i E92 AW/CR 6MT

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Hey dude you posted the same concern/statement in a BUNCH of threads...
This is the 3rd or 4th one I've seen you post in

Maybe its better you contact the vendor you bought it from and deal with them directly..When you leave posts like this on a bunch of old threads and vendor reviews such as this it really ruins the reputation of the vendor as well as the product they are selling...

In reality the product they are selling is top notch and so is **********s as a vendor..