E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > RF p300-2 Amp setting questions

09-16-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e92 Dinan Stage 2

RF p300-2 Amp setting questions

I just finish installing the RF P300-2 AMP and a set of SWS 8xi Speakers. although i feel i am capable for installing this equipment I have no idea when it comes to setting it up to sound good. here are my questions.
1) What Frequency do i set it to?
2) What Gain setting should i run?
3) What setting do i set my L7 to or does this matter?

also when I'm adjusting the frequency and gain i notice the screws to adjust do 1/2 rotation past the min or max setting. for example i see the indicator marker when i turn it fully counter clockwise, the "dot/indicator" does not point to the Minimum setting but rolls past it for about half a turn same goes for the Max setting. is this normal? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks,
Jorge
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 05:11 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzepeda View Post
I just finish installing the RF P300-2 AMP and a set of SWS 8xi Speakers. although i feel i am capable for installing this equipment I have no idea when it comes to setting it up to sound good. here are my questions.
1) What Frequency do i set it to?
2) What Gain setting should i run?
3) What setting do i set my L7 to or does this matter?

also when I'm adjusting the frequency and gain i notice the screws to adjust do 1/2 rotation past the min or max setting. for example i see the indicator marker when i turn it fully counter clockwise, the "dot/indicator" does not point to the Minimum setting but rolls past it for about half a turn same goes for the Max setting. is this normal? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks,
Jorge
You can set the P300-2 to filters OFF (no LP) and Min gain and just adjust the L7 EQ/bass settings until you are satisfied. The OEM amp woofer outputs LP should be usable.

If that's not satisfactory to you then increase the P300-2 gain to your taste.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

when you say filters OFF (no LP) where would i set that. i only have option for LP AP HP on the amp.
Thank you for your Help.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 07:19 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzepeda View Post
when you say filters OFF (no LP) where would i set that. i only have option for LP AP HP on the amp.
Thank you for your Help.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftec...nch2Ch-MAN.pdf

Page 4 = AP

You can also play with the Punch EQ adjustment and the filter in LP at 340Hz, gain at 1.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #5
jzepeda
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

very cool. thank you! BTW your harness was the easiest part of my install. great product. I have one final question and i already know the answer but i just wanted to confirm. I notice that as soon as i open my door or unlock the car the amp turns on. also when i lock the door it takes a minute or so to turn off. I'm guessing this is normal but I just wanted to make sure.
Again thank you for your help with my install.

Jorge
Appreciate 0