E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Midlothian BMW of Richmond

10-16-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Midlothian BMW of Richmond

My experience at this particular dealer was one of the worst. I just moved here and needed some services done like the passenger airbag sensor recall, fix interior trim peeling, balance tires and alignment. I leave the car with them to get it all done. SA called me the next day and informed me that my rear rims are bent nut can get a guy to fix them for about $50 a pop. No big deal. He also quoted me about $100 to get the interior console fixed. No big deal. He was supposed to call me back that afternoon to let me know when the car would be ready. Never did. I had to call him back and he mentioned that they were not finished and needed the car for another day. 3 Days so far. So I go and pickup the car and we go over the bill. It is WAY over the amount. The repairs to the rims were $150 each instead of $50. The interior console repair was almost $200. He claimed that he quoted me the price and we argued about that. He wanted to stick to his guns and believed he was in the right. I went to actually look at the repairs to the peeling console and it looked like shit. I could've done a better job. We settled on the bill as I told him I was not going to pay what he inflated on the bill so he took off other charges and basically gave it to me little to nothing to make up the difference. I was so pissed and left the dealer. I came back a few days later to pick up a part I had ordered and noticed the seat airbag recall was not listed. I went back to the SA and asked if they had performed the service. He gave me this I don't know look so once again I was pissed. I explained how do you not perform a service when I specifically mentioned it to you in the first place? He stated he didn't recall me saying that like he didn't recall misquoting prices. I asked for his boss because at this point I wanted this to be fixed right and was tired of dealing with the dumbass. The SA supervisor was actively listening to my concerns and was willing to make things right. I was given a loaner and had to come back another day to get it fixed. He offered a refund on the sublet of the interior console refurbish but I stated I wanted it fixed right and the refund was not necessary since I had a service performed. Maybe I should've taken the refund but anyway. So I ate up two days of driving to the dealer to get the seat fixed when it should've been fixed in the first place. Overall my first impression of this dealer is less than the standard. I won't go back to them as there are two other dealers in the area. I will try out Crown BMW until they prove me wrong or someone has had a bad experience with them. You expect top notch service and they fell short of that mark.
      10-20-2010, 04:37 AM   #2
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
I bought my 2006 BMW X3 M Sport from that dealership. I can't remember who I bought it from but overall it was pleasant. I never had to get any services done after I bought it so I can't say anything about that. Sorry you had a bad time with them. I never had to go to Crown for anything, Midlothian was closer to where I lived at the time. While the X3 was in for checks and services during my initial purchase, I was given a nice 335i M Sport Sedan to drive in the meantime. Part of the reason why I own a 335i today...
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
howmuch4onerib
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I just bought a 335I from Richmond BWM on Broad. They were great! The sales team was awsome, have no problem answering any of my questions and even showed paper work to back up what they said. I do live closer to the one on midlothian so I might have my first oil change there just to see if they will F me over as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 02:29 PM   #4
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
So I decided to give the dealer another try and boy what a mistake. I took my brand new VMR VB3s to get mounted and they scratched three of my rims. Two of the rims has minor damage where the center cap goes and the other where the lug nut is. I don't understand how they can be damaged other than carelessness. The SA suggested that he could see how they were damaged when the center caps are plastic. So I asked if he thought it was my fault? He stated no but seemed to suggest they were damaged before they were mounted. Worse part is the SA manager and GM was not working that day and their solution was to have a rim guy fix the scratches. I'm so pissed it was not even funny. Wanted me to come back another day to get them fixed. I live about 20 mins away and this is unacceptable!!
      10-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #5
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
I do have experience with their rim repair. When I bought my X3 it had some scratches and even a few deep gouges. I knew exactly where these were located, and when I came back a day or so later to pick it up, I could not even see a hint of where the scratches were before... if that makes you feel any better about their particular service.
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
rabbitm3
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92

We all love our e90's especially me. I have been to both locations and have recieved excellent service from both locations. I prefer the midlothian one better since it is closer to where i live. As for your experience, everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes it's my mistake or theirs but referring to people as bumbasses on a forum is a little childish. I hope the people at richmond bmw midlo don't read these posts because i would hate for someone to criticize my performance on an open forum.

Lesson to be learn't. I only put OEM parts on my e90. The fit and finish is second to none. I have always had problems with cheap aftermarket knockoffs.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitm3 View Post
We all love our e90's especially me. I have been to both locations and have recieved excellent service from both locations. I prefer the midlothian one better since it is closer to where i live. As for your experience, everyone makes mistakes. Sometimes it's my mistake or theirs but referring to people as bumbasses on a forum is a little childish. I hope the people at richmond bmw midlo don't read these posts because i would hate for someone to criticize my performance on an open forum.

Lesson to be learn't. I only put OEM parts on my e90. The fit and finish is second to none. I have always had problems with cheap aftermarket knockoffs.
Well I hope you have better luck with them and as a new member you have not had the chance to deal with them but feel free to take your chances with them. I only posted just so others can see they are not up to standards like they should be. These mistakes were unacceptable and it was not just a one time mistake but several. I have been to see this dealer more times in the past month than I have ever been since I have owned the car new. Glad you can put OEM parts on your car but since I don't have an M3, CSL rims OEM are not available to me but you might not know that. Anyway.... dealer is paying for replacements of the damaged rims and I go to another dealer for better service.

Last edited by Asiann; 10-26-2010 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #8
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
rabbitm3-FYI in case you didn't notice, this is a thread that reviews dealers.
      10-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #9
bemrbob
Registered
Rep
Drives: black on tan e90 335

we have had great success at the midlothian dealer. There was a problem we had from a dealer we had in the philly area, and the service team contacted and had the dealer in philly cover the repair. If they paying for the damage on your car knowing you wont be coming back to them, i think that is to their credit. I with some of your other issues, that work is usally a outside vendor.

good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #10
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bemrbob View Post
we have had great success at the midlothian dealer. There was a problem we had from a dealer we had in the philly area, and the service team contacted and had the dealer in philly cover the repair. If they paying for the damage on your car knowing you wont be coming back to them, i think that is to their credit. I with some of your other issues, that work is usally a outside vendor.

good luck
That is great you were taken care of. In this instance the tech was only one responsible as he was the one mounting the rims. At first they wanted to only repair the rims and I thought it was not fair since I gave them brand new rims. I could understand if they were old rims but that was not the case. I don't know if mentioning that I was on the fence calling BMW NA that the GM agreed to foot the bill. He was willing to send someone to bring a loaner and swap cars until mine was fixed. It was too much trouble for me to have my car driven by another person 20 mins away and left at the dealer until the rims came in and for them to install the rims. I'm just tired of having to deal with subsequent visits to the dealer for something that should've been a simple visit with me leaving a satisfied customer and me wanting to return. I probably have been to that dealer 4 or 5 times that should've been only twice. I understand making mistakes but having issues every time I was there is just too much especially after spending over $1000 for service. I will give them credit for "making" it up to me but I expect top notch service the first time. If I wanted regular service then I would've bought another car.
      12-07-2011, 11:40 AM   #11
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

Asiann - if that experience with Midlo is one of your worst ever, you've led a charmed life. You got what you wanted, they offered a refund and they gave you the price that you wanted. I have a hard time believing that what they quoted and then charged would increase by 300% - I suspect there was a miscommunication. Granted - it would have been better had all of that NOT happened, but it's not like they kept your keys (or threw them on the roof)...

I just got back from there - first experience. Very positive. Shop was clean and tidy, SA was knowledgable and helpful, all was good. Was in for my 40k brake service and oil change, and they changed all the pads and rotors (front pads were coming due anyways, and I noticed they were awfully grabby at times and not in an always good way grabby, either). Took longer than initially quoted, but I can't complain because of what they did to resolve the issue.
Appreciate 0