E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Black Specks on Passenger Handle

10-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Chris W.
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i w/Sport Package

Black Specks on Passenger Handle

Noticed some black specks on the driver's side back passenger handle. I have the grey interior. Thought it was some tar or something and tried to rub it off and of course made it worse as its the classic rubber coating coming off. The driver's door pull is doing the same thing but its grey underneath and really don't bother me that much. But on the passenger handle it is apparently black underneath. This is on the part of the handle that is made to look like leather. Why BMW didn't just make it leather is anyone's guess.

I can live with it but was wondering if anyone knew of some trim paint that I could use to just touch it up. I found this link so these trim pieces can be refurbished. Its really not that bad, so a little touch of paint should do the trick.
http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-det...rim-piece.html

P.S. Does anyone know if the top of the door is actually leather, where the door lock is located? It looks like leather but then again so does the fake rubber painted handle.
Appreciate 0