2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums F10 / F11 5-Series Photos - Video - Media DTMrack.com--SEMA FEED

11-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

DTMrack.com--SEMA FEED

Hey what's up guys. Today was the first day of SEMA and we were there front and center taking pics to keep all of those unfortunate souls who couldn't make it to the show this year in the loop.

We saw some sick builds all over the place. Some of the sickest from our very own Bimmerpost community sponsors and vendors.

As always, you will receive a review from us based on the knowledge we have of engineering and manufacturing. For those of you who don't know, we only carry products we believe meet a certain high level of quality standards, and if we don't carry them, we will give our approval based on the quality they provide, so that will set the tone for our reviews.

Let's jump first to the HRE booth:

Even though we do not sell HRE, it is a company we would definitely endorse and put our name behind. Their whole theme was superb to say the least.

They had a step by step on how their manufacturing is done, (from billet to wheel) with real raw materials to bring the natural feel of it. Their builds were impeccable. Every car was perfectly accentuated and never cheesy.

Their wheels decorated their space all around. Excellent finishes, excellent quality. There is really nothing bad that can be said about their quality at all. Truly grade A stuff. The ONLY thing would be that they DO NOT provide ANY concave options and explicitly told me they wouldn't. Their reasoning being that concave wheels are too heavy. But we all know better than that, as their forged 19" front for an e90 weighs, and I quote "in at around 19.5lbs", yet we all know of manufacturers that have pulled off that kind of weight with concavity.

Still. Excellence. The P40s wheels in person were beautiful as well.

GTHAUS/iCarbon/KW/Nexen Orange F10

This car was SICK. The cleanest F10 I've seen to date. It had a perfect drop provided by the KWs. The painting was superb, and very showy.
The NEEZ QD7s on a glossy black were used. I believe they were 19". Very nice wheels, obviously fully forged and very light, they COULD be a little lighter for the money though. They could be a little more concave, and the spokes seem a LITTLE to thick. But as it is, they are still very beautiful wheels, and great quality.
Of course GTHAUS had their F10 Quad exhaust. It was beautiful. I wish I could've heard the car with the engine running but you can't have everything. The exhaust was very flush. You would never know it wasn't a performance BMW piece.
iCarbon took care of the rest with their F10 Carbon fiber front lip and rear trunk spoiler. I spoke with one of the guys at GTHAUS and they said they had planned on getting the iCarbon Rear bumper inset but they literally had no time. Still, the front lip's design was beautiful. It really accentuated the style of the car, which is what iCarbon aims for. Very flush at every corner, and instead of biting down on the bumper in the front, it just ends perfectly flush with the front fall of the bumper. As always, the fitment was perfect, no holes or gaps or anything of the sort. The weave and both pieces was amazing and the best I saw at the show. Impeccable craftsmanship.

Active/Vorsteiner/Meguiar's Car Wrap
What can I say about this car. Most of you have already seen the build thread. It looked super amazing. The finish on the car was a frozen type silverish/greenish/bluesh/IDK WTH but it was very nice. Meguiar's showing off their new wrap for finish for vehicles. Truly amazing. Almost making painting a car obsolete.
It had a lot of Vorsteiner pieces all around. From what I've seen in the past from Vorsteiner I have to say that they did a way better job than I expected. Their weave uniformity through the pieces was pretty much on par with the likes of iCarbon, which is great. The custom design for this very show displayed the capability they have to make specific parts. There were, however, a couple of things. There were some bubbles in the rear diffuser (pictured below), the vents had different weaves which clashed very hard. The fitment was not perfect all around. The hood was not flush with the fenders on each side, it was elevated on one side and down on the other. There were uneven gaps between the fenders and the hood on either side as well. Stylistically it was out there. But I didn't find it very classy, it clashes with the car, which holds true for most of their pieces.
The car was totally off limits when it came to opening the hood so I wasn't able to admire anything AA did inside of it. Maybe tomorrow they will allow us to have a peep!

Seibon/Hankook/KW 1 series

With this car I am honestly speechless. From far it looked very racy and showy. Stripped interior, carbon fiber all around. A lot of promise. And for the most part is was. You could see that whoever built the car put a lot of effort into having it with maximum weight reduction and being, shall we say, 'track ready'. But all the good goes out horribly out the window when looking at the god awful job that Seibon delivered. Especially for a show car, IN SEMA!!

The Fitment was off all around. The hood was anything but flush, the trunk as well. The weave was uniform about 60% of the time. The design of the hood itself was not very appealing. And to put the cherry on top, there were styrofoam inserts below the CF pieces. I'm guessing to help keep them in place. Anyways, here's the pics.

(I'll continue posting in a little. And the pictures most importantly. The internet at the beautiful ARIA Resort is, for some reason, extemely slow right now, PLENTY MORE BUILD REVIEWS TO COME)

Cheers,

Setian
DTMrack.com
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #2
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

a m a z i n g
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:19 PM   #3