E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of the Main Line (aka Don Rosen BMW) Philadelphia, PA

05-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
BMW of the Main Line (aka Don Rosen BMW) Philadelphia, PA

Well, I haven't had much experience with the sales-staff yet. But I did go last night to look at the E90 and the salesmanager was very friendly and immediatly offered me a test drive without making me jump through hoops.

I have gotten my E46 serviced here many times, and they are very good in the service department, and are willing to put almost any repair as a warranty repair They are a bit expensive though when your car comes out of warranty, but all dealers are I think.
      02-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Phil G.
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I have bought 5 BMWs from this dealership since 1986. It was originally owned by Don Rosen, but he sold it to Devon Hill, who in turn sold it to a group of individual investors. When that group took over, I bought my last BMW, an '07 328xi from them and had a very good experience. Economic times were good, and the deal was very competitive - $1500 over invoice at the time, but the lease deals were great and my fully equipped car is leased at $500/month. So, I return to them as my lease is about to expire and talk to one of their CAs, explain that I'm a long time customer, and that I want another 328xi, an '09, loaded. When I said I wanted the car for $500 > invoice, he became literally belligerant, and said "if I sell the car for this, the dealership will go out of business and I will lose my job." So, I call Apple BMW in York PA (on a recommendation) where I've never bought before. During our initial call, he simply says, I'll give you the car at $500 over invoice, in stock or special order. Deal done!

Philly dealers are arrogant, and think it's still 1992 when the economy was soaring and where they can ask whatever the hell they want for a car. In short, I would have bought the car from BMW Mainline, but the guy was such a jerk, and so unwilling to deal, that I bought from Apple. Car's coming in 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0