2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding Accessing Iphone 3GS Voicemail in the F10

12-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
Dulles530
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 530i

Accessing Iphone 3GS Voicemail in the F10

Ok, whats the secret? I know with the advent of the Iphone here in the US (along with AT&T) we have Visual Voicemail which automatically sends your VM to your phone. However, unlike my previous Motorola Razr phone I can't dial in to my own number to get my messages - something which I could do in my 2003 E39 530i.

Now I have an F10, and I want to know how I can access my Iphone VMs through Idrive or the steering wheel (or voice commands). So far I haven't found a way - seems the only way is to physically get to your phone and go in and listen manually, with Zero help from the F10.

Anyone have a solution, or are all us Iphon-ers stuck like this?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

I haven't tried this, but if you use the toll-free access number for ATT, you may be able to listen to messages that way. Try calling that number from your iPhone; if it works, then you can put it into your phone book and dial it from the car. https://www.customerservice.att.com/...l_accessvm_faq

UPDATE: that wasn't such a hot idea, because if you use the toll-free number, you then have to enter your mobile number and password. But if you call your own mobile number from your mobile, it appears you can get right to voicemail, just as you could with a non-iPhone. Try that. It worked on my 3G even though you said in your original post that it doesn't.

Last edited by raleedy; 12-12-2010 at 11:47 AM..
Appreciate 0