E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > iDrive TV blank disable

09-20-2005, 02:30 AM   #1
Costa
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

iDrive TV blank disable

In Australia, when you get professional navigation it comes with TV. The TV display gets switched off automatically however once the car starts moving. Obviously with the TV capability there is a possibility of using the display to watch DVDs via a wireless DVD transmitter (some people have gone for wired options which to me seems a bit extreme).

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to disable the function/feature that cuts out the TV display when the car starts moving.

I have seen the numerous other threads about putting DVD on the display etc, including the ones from dension and tvandnav2go, but the fundamental issue of getting around the motion cut-out seems to remain unanswered for the E90.

... anyone ?