E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > AWD Mustang Dyno Results

12-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

AWD Mustang Dyno Results

Just got my car dynoed today just out of curiosity. Any of you Pittsburghers, I went to J&S Dyno in Verona, they were some good guys.

Anyways, since I'm awd and auto, they had a bit of a challenge keeping the car in 3rd gear for a full run. We then did a couple runs with the Procede on Map 1 with 93 gas and it was about 65degrees in the garage. I have no other mods so I obviously chose to keep boost conservative.

The final pull was the best one, I achieved 308awhp & 338ft/lbs torque.

We aren't sure if he was able to give it full throttle on all the pulls because he had to be sure not to go past the kickdown point with the gas pedal.

Either way, Im in the ballpark of the numbers listed above and I'm pretty happy.

Last edited by pits200; 12-21-2010 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
UltraRacer13
Wannabe Track Rat
British Virgin Islands
Rep
Drives: 17 OG M2

when I dyno'ed my xi- my chart looked like yours. People said it was the JB3- but clearly it is the dyno fighting with the cars AWD system, adjusting power. I was on a dynojet- curious what caused the bouncy graph.
      12-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
TwinTurboXI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pits200 View Post
Just got my car dynoed today just out of curiosity. Any of you Pittsburghers, I went to J&S Dyno in Verona, they were some good guys.

Anyways, since I'm awd and auto, they had a bit of a challenge keeping the car in 3rd gear for a full run. We then did a couple runs with the Procede on Map 1 with 93 gas and it was about 65degrees in the garage. I have no other mods so I obviously chose to keep boost conservative.

The final pull was the best one, I achieved 308awhp & 338ft/lbs torque.

We aren't sure if he was able to give it full throttle on all the pulls because he had to be sure not to go past the kickdown point with the gas pedal.

Either way, Im in the ballpark of the numbers listed above and I'm pretty happy.

Went to that shop a few months ago... They were good guys but seemed a little inexperienced for me to let them do any real work on my car...

The one guy was messing around inside my car and tapped my DTC a bunch of times which reset my procede so my dyno day was pretty much shot...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboXI View Post
Went to that shop a few months ago... They were good guys but seemed a little inexperienced for me to let them do any real work on my car...

The one guy was messing around inside my car and tapped my DTC a bunch of times which reset my procede so my dyno day was pretty much shot...
Ya, I might have to agree with you on the inexperienced part. I wasn't sure why it was so hard to do a full 3rd gear pull and they kept telling me it was because it was an automatic and wanted to downshift. I tried explaining to use the paddle shifters to hold 3rd but he kept flooring it to far and hitting the kickdown.

Oh well, you live and learn, didn't cost a lot of money I'll just chalk it up to experience. That's one thing that sucks about Pittsburgh, no good tuner shops.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

why didn't they just put the car in manual mode? It won't kick down in M mode.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
JSDYNO
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1995 bmw m3

My name is Jason, Im from the shop where this car was dynod. First want to say thanks for comin down. Now as to the kickdown, the car would not keep 3rd no matter which way I tried, manual mode, auto, paddles. No matter what I tried it seemed to always downshift on me. Only way I could keep it in 3rd was so ease into the pull till around 4k and then stomp on it, no other way would work.

As to the question about the DTC button. It was pressed because some of the BMWs especially e46 m3s will not pass 6500rpm on a dyno. The computer will hold it at no more than 6500rpm, so when the button was pressed it was so the car would be able to make a full pull.

As for the inexperience, I can understand it, were all young people and not many want to put trust into people our age. BMW is not our main source of work, we mainly do DSM Evos and STIs. We have built and tuned many of these cars , from stock cam stock turbo 11 second EVOs to 5-6-700hp ones. I assure you we are capable of completin whatever would need done, but I will not say we are bmw experts and were not ashamed to say it. If ever there is a job we do not feel comfortable or capable doin I do everythin I can to find an adequate referal for that customer. For example installations and maintenance, sure we will do it. Tunin of Bmws I will not, I did not purchase any software and probably wont due to the overall cost. I would like to say thanks for everyones input, only way we can grow and improve is to listen and learn from our customers and there experience. I do assure you we will try to improve and gain your trust, and hopefully Ive answered your question adequately.
Appreciate 0