E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > sound only comes out from driver's side speakers

09-21-2005, 11:35 AM   #1
getopts
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 325i Black Sapp

sound only comes out from driver's side speakers

Sorry if this question had been asked in other threads. I try to connect my Ipod (nano) to AUX socket using the Belkin Auto Kit but for some reasons, sound only comes out from driver's side speakers. Had anyone encountered this issue before and how did you go about fixing it. Thanks .

325i/no iDrive/Ipod nano/Belkin Auto Kit/Radio Shack m-2-m audio cable
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 12:18 PM   #2
lucas.kent
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by getopts
Sorry if this question had been asked in other threads. I try to connect my Ipod (nano) to AUX socket using the Belkin Auto Kit but for some reasons, sound only comes out from driver's side speakers. Had anyone encountered this issue before and how did you go about fixing it. Thanks .

325i/no iDrive/Ipod nano/Belkin Auto Kit/Radio Shack m-2-m audio cable
I actually have the same exact problem as well. I found that if you manipulate the cord a bit you can sometimes get the sound of all of the speakers. I think it could possibly be the connector itself, so I think I am going to run by Circuit City today and get a new one. Hopefully that will solve the problem.

That's strange though because I also have an iPod Nano--I hope it isn't a problem with that particular iPod...

...and I am also using a Radio Shack male to male adapter...which could definitely be the problem...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 12:32 PM   #3
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

im sure one of the two connections just isnt plugged in properly. i have a big hardcase on my ipod and sometimes the lip of the case will interefere with the size of the plug, and it will only play from the left side, i sorta have to twist and push on the plug, then it plays fine. i also think i remember the aux input being a little tight, and the first time i plugged it in there, it felt like it was all the way in, but it wasnt. just make sure both side of the male plug are in alllll the way. if this doesnt help, im SURE its the cord
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 01:29 PM   #4
Procureur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 328xi

I have the same problem. I ordered a soundprofessionals 3.5 mm male to male cable that I saw on this website, and we'll see if that fixes it when I receive it.

Either way, play around with the positioning of the cable and that fixes it, at least until it moves around again.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2005, 06:35 PM   #5
theclay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
My friend had this problem as well. Get rid of the Belkin POS and buy a gold plated cable that looks solid, that should fix it.
      07-30-2008, 11:01 PM   #6
SunShine
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi

I too have the same problem.... when I plug my ipod in using a male to male cord it only plays on the passenger side. It worked fine until a few days ago. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Appreciate 0