2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 F10 Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding another album art question....

01-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

another album art question....

not sure if its the way i've saved the album art manually into itunes for some albums or something everyone see's so here's the question, i'll say how it looks on the media pro screen as that's where i see the behaviour.

so, if you have the screen in split/screen mode and in the right hand pane (from UK driving position) you select "Entertainment Details" when listening to iPod tracks for a few seconds the display shows artist name / album name / track name. all fairly normal. then the display loads up the album art. fine so far.

what i notice is that if you let the album play through as each new track starts for a second or two the display goes back to showing artist name / album name / track name and then loads album art once more.

seems pointless to me that it does this but then I thought wonder if its doing that because i've loaded the album art in manually via itunes. in my mind i would prefer it to just leave the album art permanently on this display and not swap back n forth as each track ends/begins on same album. could just be personal preference and maybe the developer that wrote the software thinks different

what do others see? guess I might need to download a full album from itunes, let it load the art the way it does it and see if theres a difference.

i'm guessing the device type doesn't matter. mine is an ipod classic.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
eripers
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: F11 523i

I have the same behavior. I would guess this is by design so album name/artist can be shown i readable text before thespace is used for the album art.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #3
ghueser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

From my experience, both from an iPod Classic to a 6th Gen Nano, that is normal. It seems that when each song comes up, (the car) re-reads the Album Art, no matter if on the same album or not. The same thing happens when you have the split screen function on, in that the small Album Cover disappears for a couple of seconds when transitioning to the next song.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
nosnoop
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
what i notice is that if you let the album play through as each new track starts for a second or two the display goes back to showing artist name / album name / track name and then loads album art once more.
seems pointless to me that it does this but then I thought wonder if its doing that because i've loaded the album art in manually via itunes.
I much prefer this way, as I sometimes use customized/fan-made album art. And for my favorite artist/album, I use a different album art for each song!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
EdM5
Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G26 i4 M50 & E70 X5 Xdrive35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
I much prefer this way, as I sometimes use customized/fan-made album art. And for my favorite artist/album, I use a different album art for each song!
That is exactly why it is a very sound solution from an engineering point of view.
I also use customized art for some albums, especially when the performing artist is a good looking lady