E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > More Australian folly‏

01-26-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

More Australian folly‏

From an email forward I recieved today, dunno how accurate it is. Read it and watch your blood boil

Quote:
Received this info via a friend who drives the pilot boat
in Weipa.

Three hundred boat people have been housed at RAAF Sherger
Air Base in Weipa.
All are being accepted into Australia.

All are men.
All receive the pension same as our pensioners - all get
the same amount again for hardship payment - this equals twice what our
pensioners get.

All receive fifty dollars a day for spending money.
Security staff employed to watch them.

Chefs employed to feed them (one quarter of a tonne of
chicken a day alone is cooked).
They won't pick up their own rubbish.
There was a massive dispute because they didn't like the
radio station.
Another dispute because batteries were flat for the
Nintendo games.
Tents set up for mosque prayers had to be air conditioned.

The Bores/Wells set up to run RAAF Sherger adequately are
now dry because taps are left running all day long.
Sewerage systems now blocked with condoms (???) supplied
to them (and all of them are men remember)

Dept of Immigration& Citizenship (DIAC) wants Dept of
Defence to pay all the bills so they can hide the costs of allowing three
hundred refugees into the country from tax paying Australians.

Australia needs to know.

Congratulations Gillard you fool.

Please pass this on to everyone you know.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

looks like an exagerrated hoax mail since all I hear is the conditions in those detention centers are appalling to prevent people from making the journey but if all that is true is a pity that the pensioners or us taxpayers can't get a better deal. That being said I doubt that all those little luxuries can compensate for the freedom of being out of a detention centre to enjoy democracy, a whiff of fresh air and a dip in the ocean.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |

Last edited by cruvon; 01-26-2011 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

honestly hope that it is not true... but if it is it does make the blood boil...

What i don't understand is why they're making it so much harder for skilled migrants to come here yet allow everyone else to come in and bring their whole family over and grab their slice of our welfare system?

I'm not racist... I just believe things should be fair. It's not un-australian to say no...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 08:24 PM   #4
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Congratulations to all those that voted Green or Independent for allowing the influx of boats to continue.

The only reason Gillard won't do the sensible thing and adopt the opposition policy is egg on face and this is despite it will save $ and more importantly lives of those taking dangerous journeys.

Crossing fingers that today's 'extra tax' arrangement might make those spineless independents vote with the opposition to block supply so we can have a fresh election to voice our concerns.
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Have you seen how hard it has become for skilled immigrants to enter the country?

Not only that, but the Labor government has in their new immigration policy PREVENTED international students from obtaining permanent residence straight after the completion of their university degree. These are people that WE have educated with OUR lecturers and facilities who are no longer allowed to stay and work in Australia. Instead they are forced to return to their home country while boat people get free roam.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 10:13 PM   #6
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Have you seen how hard it has become for skilled immigrants to enter the country?

Not only that, but the Labor government has in their new immigration policy PREVENTED international students from obtaining permanent residence straight after the completion of their university degree. These are people that WE have educated with OUR lecturers and facilities who are no longer allowed to stay and work in Australia. Instead they are forced to return to their home country while boat people get free roam.
This is my beef as well... boat people come and demand to be let in, complain about not getting enough welfare, get their whole village over and don't contribute any tax back into the system AND complain that it's un-Australian to not let them do as they please.... well fark me...

I don't know the whole reasoning behind not letting the international students stay? I mean they come here and either bringing huge amounts of cash with them to pay UPFRONT TRIPLE the amount we pay for education or work part time jobs to pay for it (and thus paying tax as well). They are fully skilled in their chosen areas of study, yet we send them back denying them the chance to stay here and contribute... but keep those boats coming in and suck away at the welfare system...

Don't get me wrong, when boat people are legitimate refugees and come via the normal channels and wait their time to be let in and contribute back it's all good. I'm not saying turn them all around and never let any in, each country should do it's share to help but when they come illegally, demand to be let in and all the above mentioned...it just frustrates me why the Gov still allows it to continue...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #7
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post

yupz, is sad about the students though I guess since the government gets degreed people with work experience under the skilled quota, they see that as adding immediate value to the economy. So they don't really see value in granting residency to students only being educated in Australia with no advanced work experience skills, only as moneybanks to the educational institutions.
Was never a good idea trying attract students to Australia while dangling the carrot of permanent residency, now that the institutions have made a quick buck out of them over the years the students have been left out cold which is a pity.
I think they should also filter in students coming in, maybe have a GRE style entrance test like in the US to get the best students into the country and then keep them with perks/scholarships rather then just taking in all sorts of students for money and giving them false dreams while draining them off their money.
I also sometimes wonder how very difficult it would be for new students completing their advanced degree courses here to find jobs and get work experience considering that we import skilled migrants en masse with advanced degrees and advanced work experience already packaged in.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |

Last edited by cruvon; 01-26-2011 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #8
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Makes you proud to be an Aussie...

If I didn't have 3 mortgages, I'd relocate o/s. Sick of forking out for shit like this. There were close to 6,500 boat people last year.

Most the people I work with are on visas due to the lack of skilled employees avail here and we're about to recruit more from o/s. Sad to hear graduates are being turned away because buiness owners then have to pay big bucks to get them back here!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #9
purifyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Refugees are a difficult topic

I would be very suprised if much of the original email is true; it reads more like a xenophobic homophobic rant (eg. air conditioned mosque tents, condom use in all male population)

At the same time I'm right wing, and I think this problem could be far better managed.

Boat arrivals are a very small part of the total refugee intake. Remember the total cost involves all arrivals, but the political focus has been solely on boat people.

I can't stand how people seem to 'bludge' the system and also make no attempt to integrate into society. Ethnic minorities in australia seem to make little or no effort to assimilate compared to minorities in NZ (I think perhaps due to critical mass - ie the minority populations are large enough to never have to learn to speak english)

It's hard to genuinely say on the other hand that you would tell a dude to f off back to Iran if there is a good chance he will be persecuted and/or killed for reasons that appear abominable to us. That doesn't sound very Australian to me either.

And how many employment opportunities does Mohammed, the 40 year old goat herder from the Kush have in Melbourne, with no qualifications and being unable to speak english?

So we are left with the mess we have now
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2011, 11:22 PM   #10
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by purifyer View Post
Refugees are a difficult topic

I can't stand how people seem to 'bludge' the system and also make no attempt to integrate into society. Ethnic minorities in australia seem to make little or no effort to assimilate compared to minorities in NZ (I think perhaps due to critical mass - ie the minority populations are large enough to never have to learn to speak english)
Totally agree with this... I can't stand how some people make no attempt to integrate into our society. It's either that or they actually refuse to and go out of their way to say we should accomodate them and their rights...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #11
bcoz
spectator
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d Sedan

Don't believe the politicians' lies. There is nothing illegal about seeking asylum in a foreign country to escape war and violence, or out of fear of persecution.

If you do nothing else, at least watch this 31 second video from Amnesty International...
http://www.amnesty.org.au/refugees/comments/24221/

Here's a few stats as of April 2009...
http://www.crikey.com.au/2009/04/17/...ts-in-figures/

Quote:
• Number of asylum seekers who arrived last year [2008]: 4750  —  Malcolm Farr, The Daily Telegraph
• Number who arrived by boat: 179 — Malcolm Farr, The Daily Telegraph
Appreciate 0