E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > My E92 got hit today..Need refferal for Body shop in NYC or Long Island

02-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

My E92 got hit today..Need refferal for Body shop in NYC or Long Island

So as I was driving to work today I was heading north on mineola avenue in the left lane (2 lanes on each side of road plus 1 lane on each side for parking). I was not speeding I was doing between 35-40mph. I saw a car pulling out of a parking space on the left side (my side of street). Now I assumed that he was going to pull out into the right line (I am in the left) and go straight.

As I approached him he abruptly pulled out and attempted to make an illegal U-Turn cutting across two lines and a double yellow line...Well needless to say his illegal U-Turn was not successful because my car was in the way.

I have attached a few pics that I took with my Blackberry Pearl. I will try and take some good pics when I get home tonight.

Bottom line is....passenger door is pretty banged up with white and yellow paint all over it. Door also has a few minor creases on the top from the impact. Behind the door the quarter panel was hit pretty hard and may need to be replaced to be fixed properly. The rocker panel needs to be replaced and there is a slight scratch on my rear passenger wheel.

Can anyone refer me to a body shop in Queens or Long Island that can do the job right? The car is only 4 and a half months old and I am planning on buying it out at the lease end. So I really want to make sure it is fixed properly.

Your thoughts, referals and sympathy etc are all being accepted
Attached Images

07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
NaViT
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3/E92 335i

ah man thats not cool... goodluck i cant help cause im not in the NY
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
NYBMW335
Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i jet black/black

Hey Trick50, i know exactly where your accident happen. I actually live in Mineola. Well anyways about your problem, they have a good body shop in Mineola, its called Rallye auto body.I dont know if it has anything to do with Rallye Bmw, but i know a couple of my friends that got their bmw's fixed over there.If you are familiar with Mineola, go to Glen Cove rd and its about 300 ft from westbury avenue going towards jericho tpke(North).
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Sorry to hear about you damaged car but have seen worse and they came out just fine so don't worry and you will get your baby back ready to go in no time. I would make sure that BMW fixes the problem if the other person insurance is covering the damages.
      02-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
trick50
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBMW335 View Post
Hey Trick50, i know exactly where your accident happen. I actually live in Mineola. Well anyways about your problem, they have a good body shop in Mineola, its called Rallye auto body.I dont know if it has anything to do with Rallye Bmw, but i know a couple of my friends that got their bmw's fixed over there.If you are familiar with Mineola, go to Glen Cove rd and its about 300 ft from westbury avenue going towards jericho tpke(North).
Where you there when it happened.....I got out of the car and across the street was what looked like a black 335i coupe...(could have been Monaco blue....had all the salt and snow stuff all over it...)
I was pulled over by Roslyn Savings Bank...and the Black E92 was on the side street by commerce.

I was thinking about taking it to rallye..Just wondering if there was anywhere else that could do a great job and maybe make a few sheckles off the deal.
07 E92 335i,Sport,I-drive,Cold Weather,Bluetooth,Beyern Mesh 19",M-Pedals,Rear Fogs,Gp Thunder,Carbon Roundels,Coming Soon JB2,Vorsteiner Decklid,OEM Aero LipRIP9/8/06-12/11/07 Gone but never forgotten
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
NYBMW335
Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i jet black/black

No that wasn't me. My car is nice and clean. HAHA thanx to 5-corners New hyde park. Anyways, back to your problem, if it was me i would take it there, but if your priority is trying to pocket some extra cash, then a smaller body shop might do the same work, but might not come out as good. I know the quality that comes out from Rallye is great, i couldn't really tell you about the others.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #7
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

fyi, that is rallye bmw's collision and auto body center, i would know since both my parents' bimmers were unfortunately taken there at some point haha.