E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Washed my car for the first time

09-25-2005, 09:54 PM   #1
Xens
Eh
Rep
Drives: Is Turbo'd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Washed my car for the first time

I decided that the touchless hand wash place in Berkeley is no longer quality enough to bring my BMW to, so despite living at an apartment, I went out and bought everything necessary for a good car wash. Microfiber everything.

Then I followed the wash instructions from http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=158378, took me about two hours to complete my entire wash from start to finish, but I gotta say it felt really good.

Now, I have a few questions. First, is there any handheld compact vacuum machine that can use the car's power outlet? Because there is no power outlet in the garage so I can't use any conventional vacuum machines.

Second, I'm interested in using Zaino, but since my car is only two weeks old do I still need to use Dawn to wash off the wax? I'm feeling nervous about that procedure. And what are the advantages and disadvantages of using Zaino compared to ........ say Klasse or Meguiar high quality polish and wax?

TIA! :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
MelF1fan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i SP

You should have no problems at all with Zaino if you want to go with it. The info in the link you posted answers your question in general.

Although Zaino no longer mentions the use of Dawn because they now have their own paint cleanser / prep product (ZPC Fusion) that you can use prior to applying the polish protectant (Z2 Pro).

Dawn was recomended for getting off any oils, wax that could interfere with the proper bonding of Z2 Pro and was only intended to be used initially prior to zaino application and not neccessary after zaino is applied...you can proceed with a normal car wash soap.

As far as advantages with Zaino compared to Klasse..Meguiars.etc... it really comes down to preference but i think if you are living in an apartment and do not have access to frequent car washing / detailing then Zaino's durability is perfect. Klasse would be a good choice as well and some feel it needs less work with AIO and Sealant Glaze.

have fun with it and let us know what you decide to do

oh...and post some pics of that clean SG 330
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2005, 09:21 AM   #3
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Washed my car for the first time this past weekend. Car is/was 2 weeks old. Amazing amount of brake dust on wheels.

Used Klasse based on forum feedback - All In One and Sealant/glaze. Amazingly quick and easy. Much less elbow/arm excersize than years past when I used Carnuba/Meguires waxes. I'm a solid convert to the synthetic waxes and polishes. Car is titanium and really shines now. Also polished and waxed my wifes car which is sterling grey (RX330).

All in one is very quick - apply using damp cloth and then wipe off. The sealant was just as easy. Wiped on, let it sit overnight, and then wipe off in the morning. Klasse is the only acrylic sealant.

Water beads up on both. Klasse is advertised and referenced as staying for 6-9 months. Very happy with the ease of use and speed that it takes to put on.