E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Zaino + coin operated power washer.

09-26-2005, 06:03 AM   #1
EvEr35
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i SP AW AT

Zaino + coin operated power washer.

Was wondering if the soap used in coin operated car washes (not the brush) can "dissolve" zaino polish?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2005, 10:34 AM   #2
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Jet Black

Will it remove it all no, but it will most likely lessen the durability of the wax. Personally I wouldnt do it. There is no way to know what they are using either, you would have to ask the owners.

Chris
2006 BMW 330i - Jet Black - Terra - Burl Walnut - Premuim Package - Sports Package - Fold Down Seats - Heated Front Seats - Strut Brace - Sunglass Tray - Carbon Fiber Front Lips - Alarm - Blacklines - ACS Roof Wing - Breyton Trunk Spoiler - 19" Breyton Spirits wrapped in Michelin PS2
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
etherbored
klactoveesedstene
Rep
Drives: das gut

generally, coin-op car washes should be avoided, but if you don't have access to anything else, here's what to do:

1. rinse the car down from top to bottom (saving the wheels and wheel wells for last) *without* the high-pressure trigger depressed.

2. drop a capful or two of zaino car wash in a bucket that you fill with warm water from the wand; wash the car by hand with a microfiber-covered sponge being on the lookout for debris of any size that may have been kicked up by the rinse process above.

3. rinse the car in the same way as the first step.

4. dry the car with 2 microfiber towels (from www.pakshak.com or www.waynestowels.com).

5. pull the car out of the bay and, if you have the time, continue with with an interior dusting, wipedown, vacuum, and glass cleaning.

cheers,
-e-
Appreciate 0