ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-06-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Tow strap/hook?

And of you running these for HPDEs? If so, what did you use? I am considering this, thoughts?

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-20...tow-strap.aspx
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
Trev
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

fabric straps are becoming more popular as their lighter. They don't stick out so your not going to bash your shins when you walk / run around the car. They lessen the shock loading of a tow as the fabric has a little elasticity.

If their FIA rated then your guaranteed they've met the same pull tests as metal tow hooks.

Lastly their is a downside, if your car has to be pulled sideways out of a gravel trap the fabric straps may pull your bumper off.

BTW the one you found requires some cutting for a non race car i'd recommend this type. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-27...90-e92-m3.aspx
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev View Post
fabric straps are becoming more popular as their lighter. They don't stick out so your not going to bash your shins when you walk / run around the car. They lessen the shock loading of a tow as the fabric has a little elasticity.

If their FIA rated then your guaranteed they've met the same pull tests as metal tow hooks.

Lastly their is a downside, if your car has to be pulled sideways out of a gravel trap the fabric straps may pull your bumper off.

BTW the one you found requires some cutting for a non race car i'd recommend this type. http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-27...90-e92-m3.aspx
Yea I was apprehensive about the cutting part but thought it might be possible to simply feed it through the panel gap. That is a much better solution, thanks for finding it I was on Turner a lot yesterday and never saw it. Too bad the website says it doesn't fit our cars
Appreciate 0