BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

03-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: a shitty M3

It this normal?

Pretty excited today about opening and installing my new VMR 710 10" front and 11" rear rims with hankook rubber. 295 rear, 265 front.
Packaged tight and really well, and then this...a little present?

Is EAS shipping spare weights with the rims they sell these days?
They were dropping on the ground all over the place, like little gifts from heaven.

Here is the total of all the weights that came out of the tire packages.

Last edited by MonteCarloM3; 03-21-2011 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

What a crappy job. Don't even bother mounting them; get the wheels rebalanced again at a reputable place. And if I were you, I'd remove all remaining weights with a plastic pry tool and clean the wheels perfectly all around for 2 reasons: weights will attach properly, and so shop knows wheels are immaculate, and any defects would be on their dime. Oh, and tell shop to leave the TPMS valves alone, or they'd gladly charge you for their kits. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

The wheel surface was probably not cleaned properly before applying the wheel weights.
      03-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #4
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Had the backing tape been pulled off the loose weights? Could you tell if they had been attached to your wheels?

EAS is a long time sponsor here that appears to do quality work judging by their posted photos of many customer cars. Mistakes do happen. Have you contacted them and given them the opportunity to respond to what you found?
      03-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by calintexas View Post
Had the backing tape been pulled off the loose weights? Could you tell if they had been attached to your wheels?

EAS is a long time sponsor here that appears to do quality work judging by their posted photos of many customer cars. Mistakes do happen. Have you contacted them and given them the opportunity to respond to what you found?
Yes, the backing tape was pulled off and they were sticky...mostly just to each other.
I will send them a message but so far my requests for assistance with purchased items has been less than impressive. I'll keep an open mind however and see what they come up with.
thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2011, 11:45 PM   #6
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Aside from the weights... those wheels look AWESOME! Can't wait to see pics of them mounted up.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 10:00 AM   #7
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
The wheel surface was probably not cleaned properly before applying the wheel weights.
If the wheels are new, do we really need to clean it?

@OP ..it sucks to see that it fell off, but at least you can use it as an opportunity to find a place that uses black wheel weight. Always bugs me a little to mount silver weights on black/dark wheels.

Also, is this a blemish on your wheel?
      03-21-2011, 02:06 PM   #8
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep

i don't believe so, i did not notice anything in person. perhaps just the lighting.
you're right, i will get some black weights for the re-balance.
i'm a little surprised they don't come with them already because the silver weights on these are super obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
If the wheels are new, do we really need to clean it?

@OP ..it sucks to see that it fell off, but at least you can use it as an opportunity to find a place that uses black wheel weight. Always bugs me a little to mount silver weights on black/dark wheels.

Also, is this a blemish on your wheel?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Wow...that's not good!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloM3 View Post
i don't believe so, i did not notice anything in person. perhaps just the lighting.
you're right, i will get some black weights for the re-balance.
i'm a little surprised they don't come with them already because the silver weights on these are super obvious.
We're actually looking into getting black weights for darker colored wheels. In the meantime, I apologize for the weight issue, this is not normal and we take full responsibility. In the meantime - your situation is top priority until resolved.

Since being in Canada, it would not make much sense to have the wheels returned - if you can have the wheels rebalanced at a shop of your choosing, we'll reimburse you for the cost.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I've replied to your PM with details.

Please call or email me directly if you should have any questions.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 02:18 AM   #11
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
We're actually looking into getting black weights for darker colored wheels. In the meantime, I apologize for the weight issue, this is not normal and we take full responsibility. In the meantime - your situation is top priority until resolved.

Since being in Canada, it would not make much sense to have the wheels returned - if you can have the wheels rebalanced at a shop of your choosing, we'll reimburse you for the cost.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I've replied to your PM with details.

Now that is service.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #12
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

gotta love EAS.... BTW if you find that black darker color weights let me know.. i hate my silver once
      03-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #13
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep

Just a confirmation that EAS did indeed refund me the cost of rebalancing the tires at a local shop. Thumbs up for their service with this problem.

My local shop didn't have black weights, i called a few around town, but one did offer to spray paint some black for me which was great service as well so i went to them. Now looks great and balanced perfectly. The colour of wheel weights was never in my mind when i bought these rims, but if you go dark colour rims, DEFINITELY get some black weights, it makes a huge cosmetic improvement. Pics to come...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 10:13 AM   #14
stega
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Remember guys!!! Always prep!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 02:14 AM   #15
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloM3 View Post
Just a confirmation that EAS did indeed refund me the cost of rebalancing the tires at a local shop. Thumbs up for their service with this problem.

My local shop didn't have black weights, i called a few around town, but one did offer to spray paint some black for me which was great service as well so i went to them. Now looks great and balanced perfectly. The colour of wheel weights was never in my mind when i bought these rims, but if you go dark colour rims, DEFINITELY get some black weights, it makes a huge cosmetic improvement. Pics to come...

EAS FTW! Tom and the guys at eas are top notch when it comes to service and parts!
Appreciate 0