E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > For NSW State voters

03-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

For NSW State voters

SOOOOOOOO

thought id email barry.
i will add the response if i get one.

EMAIL ONE

Sherwin ********
To lop@parliament.nsw.gov.au
Hi Barry, it was about 6 months ago that I posted on your facebook page about the increased congestion due to the Labor governments mobile and "safety" revenue cameras.
In response, you told me to send you an email about the matter- however I waited till a little bit closer to the date of the election to bring forward my questions to you in-case you were to change your view. I am hoping you can take some time out of your busy schedule to answer a few quick and brief questions in order to secure my vote.

Now you know everyone brings forward questions that relate most to them, and as someone that does about 50,000 kms per year on Sydney's roads; you can see quite clearly what my subject concern is.

Listening to ABC radio today I heard your minister talking about ways to decrease Sydney's congestion due to it being listed as the top 10 worst city in the world in terms of driver stress. The things in which he was planning on doing were all great looking projects that would definitely provide relief to arterial roads, however these were all large-scale and slow working fixes. I want to know what you are going to do about the short term. Basically my question is; Are you going to take back the fear bestowed by the Labor government upon motorists?
For example on Sundays, I leave my house in ******** to get to ******** for work. Now I have done this exact same trip, at the exact same time, every Sunday for over 5 years, and it had always taken the same amount of time, until the red light cameras were changed to both red light and speed cameras. One of these are on the corner of ******** Road and ******** Road, on the intersection before reaching the M2 motorway, and one of these are on the corner of ******** and ********. Now I am unsure if you have ever done this trip on a Sunday morning and I am assuming you haven't, not at least continuously for the last 5 years. This trip has actually INCREASED about 10 minutes. I don't need to tell you that scared motorists all slam their brakes at the mere thought of the traffic light going yellow. I also don't need to tell you how frustrating this is, especially coming around a corner to standstill traffic and knowing that this is only because the government are super incompetent and look at Victoria's massive unfair revenue coming from exercises such as this; in-turn making you late for work and leaving you in your car for a period of time that should be declining, not increasing.

This was only an example I thought I should share with you for your own knowledge. Driving to work on a weekday is a totally different story in which thousands of other motorists will sit there and tell you all about.

I just wanted to know if you are actually different to the norm, which is probably quite unlikely unfortunately.
I am however giving you a chance to win my vote if you are devoted to making motorists more comfortable to drive again, and not have to look at their speedos every two seconds to see if they are over the few km/h threshold held by mobile cameras in which are being backed up by firms such as Macquarie Bank now.

Regards,
Sherwin ********

EMAIL ONE RESPONSE

LOP@parlia***8203;ment.nsw.go***8203;v.au
Add to contacts
To Sherwin ********
Dear Sherwin,

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay.

I have read your email with interest and have noted your concerns in relation to speed cameras.

I understand your frustration.

Despite the fact there has been no evaluation as to whether or not speed cameras are saving lives, the Keneally Labor Government has already put in place plans to roll out more speed cameras across NSW.

The NSW Liberals & Nationals believe all speed cameras should be located in black spots, not where the Keneally Labor Government can make the most money.

We also believe the best way to improve driver behaviour is through high visibility policing, better education and rewarding drivers who do the right thing.

That is why we have already announced that, if elected in March next year, the NSW Liberals & Nationals will introduce Safer Drivers, a skills training course for young drivers that will help them understand their limitations in a safe and controlled environment and implement the Fair Go for Safer Drivers plan, which will see the licence fees of people who have driving records free of offences for at least five years reduced by 50 per cent.

Please visit my website at www.barryofarrell.com.au for the NSW Liberals & Nationals positive plans and policies to Make NSW Number One Again.

Thanks again for your email.
Barry

EMAIL TWO

Sherwin ********
To lop@parliament.nsw.gov.au
Barry, instead of answering my questions, you seem to have only spoken unfondly of Ms Keneallys government and told me about young drivers. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Lol, I don't even know who to vote for yet.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

Yes, the joys of getting responses from the office admin under the guise of the boss.

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD View Post
Yes, the joys of getting responses from the office admin under the guise of the boss.
and using the standard reply copy pasted from the year before and not even bothering to change the year
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #5
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

50,000kms per year sherwin? lol kooni
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

reminds me of that email exchange with the spider drawing.. anyone know the one I mean?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
reminds me of that email exchange with the spider drawing.. anyone know the one I mean?
rofl hell yeh I do

he's got heaps more articles, all hilarious: http://www.27bslash6.com/
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
Sherweeeny
yep
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
50,000kms per year sherwin? lol kooni
fvck oath
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2011, 02:03 AM   #9
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

well.... there was an announcement about speed cameras today!!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 08:11 AM   #10
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

http://www.caradvice.com.au/113019/s...sw-government/

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #11
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Two smart-ass condescending emails and a post on facebook, what did you expect him to say to that? You're lucky you even got a reply; what a waste of time.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

For those too lazy to click the link above, this article will bring tears to your eyes:

Quote:
Reducing the speed camera tolerance down to zero was a ridiculous proposal to begin with. It meant motorists could be fined for speeding just 1km/h over the limit. If the proposal passed it would have pretty much sealed the deal that speed cameras are put in place simply and solely for revenue raising.

Now though, Deputy Premier Andrew Stoner is saying such plans will not go through. The Deputy Premier met with RTA chief executive Michael Bushby on Tuesday and directed him to terminate the proposal which was brought about by the Labor cabinet. Up until last week, the precise tolerance set for speed cameras was unknown, but a figure of 3km/h was leaked when plans of the proposal came about which wanted the tolerance reduced to zero.

Mr Stoner will be sworn in as the new NSW roads minister within the next week or so and will be setting the tolerance to a new figure. He hasn’t said what the exact speed tolerance will be, but says it will be increased. Mr Stoner also said that the Coalition government was adamant about putting an end to such revenue raising tactics.

“The NSW Liberals and Nationals are determined to restore commonsense to government in NSW – this is one practical step towards that. We are determined to earn the trust of motorists by focusing on road safety, not revenue raising,” Mr Stoner said, as reported by Fairfax.

Mr Stoner also announced that he will be asking the Audior-General to investigate speed cameras and will try to clean up the inconsistent and confusing speed limits around the state.

Hopefully, all this talking will be backed up by some actions. We’ll keep you updated in any case.
So, rather than going from 3kph to 0kph like it was originally going to happen, the tolerance margin is going to be increased.

I don't care whether this is a politician's tactic to win over the public, it's a win for NSW motorists regardless. Now if they could just introduce driver training programs as a means to improve road safety...

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

Maybe they are going to introduce driver training programs if Luffy can convince them. I think I saw Luffy on TV walking to the premier and shaking hands with him at the afterparty the day they won.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |

Last edited by cruvon; 03-31-2011 at 08:12 PM..
Appreciate 0