BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

03-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Thumbs down EAS

I hesitate to do this but I'm sorry EAS this just seems misleading...

I contacted EAS about pricing on AD08 tires about 1 month ago (2/22/11 to be exact). They promptly provided me with their current pricing on the tires which was consistent with TireRack's. Fast forward to today when I saw a thread in the vender's section posted by EAS which stated the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian @ eas View Post
YOKOHAMA AD08 Tire Promotion

We are excited to offer a special promotion just in time for MFest! We are offering various sizes of Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08 tires at an amazing one-time only promotional price until April 21st!
I then contact EAS to get their "amazing one-time only promotional price" which ends up being exactly the same pricing that I received one month ago outside the promotion.

I don't have a problem with a vender charging whatever price they want. I do have a problem with a vender who claims to have an "amazing promotion" while offering the same pricing. That just seems misleading to me
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 07:07 PM   #2
Krozi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White

Hmmm interesting...wanna see what EAS is gonna say about this.

2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White//Fox Red//6MT//
Florida Bimmer - Join us on FaceBook!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #3
LSonDubz
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

It's called sales.. just like how people fall for "free shipping" when all the company does is roll it into the price.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

It could be misleading to the OP but I do not see a problem here... a customer either buy the tires from EAS or not based on the current price, not tomorrow's or someday price.

It is not that EAS is fooling somebody here into buying something not wanted or having hidden charges after the purchase.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
slicer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
It could be misleading to the OP but I do not see a problem here... a customer either buy the tires from EAS or not based on the current price, not tomorrow's or someday price.

It is not that EAS is fooling somebody here into buying something not wanted or having hidden charges after the purchase.
I agree with you. Like I said I don't have a problem with a vender selling their products at whatever price they desire. Misleading might not be the right word. Maybe the word is "cheesy". The kind of stuff a used car sales person would do. I understand that they are trying to create excitement and and sense of urgency to close the sale. I guess this sort of thing is just a pet peeve of mine. That's probably why I get annoyed most of the times that I go to a car dealership... I can't help but educate myself on pricing before I make a purchase (I guess it's in my blood) so it get's frustrating when I run across stuff like this.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M

Last edited by slicer; 03-25-2011 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
slicer
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
This is typical unscrupulous marketing that many companies employ. "One time only promotional price...", right.

Some folks are so use to be duped with these types of "sales" that they don't even realize they are being duped.
Exactly....
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #7
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Its unscupulous because it's misleading, case closed.

Laissez Faire is fantastic when you're dealing with random vendors out on the web where you dont know them and they dont know you and there's no assumed trust. However, here on the forum, when vendors build a reputation and get to know people by interacting in conversations, there should be a different standard of honesty because of the connection they have fostered with the forum.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #8
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I agree with you. Like I said I don't have a problem with a vender selling their products at whatever price they desire. Misleading might not be the right word. Maybe the word is "cheesy". The kind of stuff a used car sales person would do. I understand that they are trying to create excitement and and sense of urgency to close the sale. I guess this sort of thing is just a pet peeve of mine. That's probably why I get annoyed most of the times that I go to a car dealership... I can't help but educate myself on pricing before I make a purchase (I guess it's in my blood) so it get's frustrating when I run across stuff like this.
Right now there's a very known vendor selling some items -I do not want to be that obvious- for $700 a set when I paid for the same exact item set $250 brand new thru another forum vendor.

It may be misleading or "cheesy" but that's their price. I cannot accuse them of being either, but I can at least think that there are a lot of dumb forum members here based on the enthusiastic response and quote requests in that thread.

It could be possible that the "amazing" deal that EAS has is "amazing" for everybody else now, and when they gave you that price before was in fact just for you and to nobody else at that time.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

(using numbers to make it easier)

maybe last month it was 1000, but 2 weeks ago it was up to 1100

but now it's back down to 1000 so it's a special price

or simply marketing

things happen. it's business. supply and demand. pump a product up. make it seem it'll go up if you delay etc etc.

simple business. not a used car dealer, ANY business.

all the SALES you see at clothing shops... yeah...

Last edited by persian54; 03-25-2011 at 02:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 01:45 PM   #10
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
(using numbers to make it easier)

maybe last month it was 1000, but 2 weeks ago it was up to 1100

but not it's back down to 1000 so it's a special price

or simply marketing

things happen. it's business. supply and demand. pump a product up. make it seem it'll go up if you delay etc etc.

simple business. not a used car dealer, ANY business.

all the SALES you see at clothing shops... yeah...
agreed its like gas prices... UP down UP down...

you cant blame them its just how it is. maybe if you have found a shop that is a bit cheaper im pretty sure they might be able to beat that....
      03-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #11
slicer
Major General
Rep

At the end of the day it's not a huge issue and I can choose to pay their price or not.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #12
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

on another forum I'm on, vendors have to post pricing in their FS threads, even if it's just MAP pricing, but at least members know a ball park range of what to expect before playing the "pm for pricing" game....I wish this forum would have a similar set of rules for their sponsors/vendors...
      03-26-2011, 05:32 AM   #13
brizzom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Right now there's a very known vendor selling some items -I do not want to be that obvious- for $700 a set when I paid for the same exact item set $250 brand new thru another forum vendor.

It may be misleading or "cheesy" but that's their price. I cannot accuse them of being either, but I can at least think that there are a lot of dumb forum members here based on the enthusiastic response and quote requests in that thread.

It could be possible that the "amazing" deal that EAS has is "amazing" for everybody else now, and when they gave you that price before was in fact just for you and to nobody else at that time.
Just in case I was about to buy it, can you PM me whatever you are talking about
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 01:15 PM   #14
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
on another forum I'm on, vendors have to post pricing in their FS threads, even if it's just MAP pricing, but at least members know a ball park range of what to expect before playing the "pm for pricing" game....I wish this forum would have a similar set of rules for their sponsors/vendors...
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #15
Mavrick151
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Its just like a rug store with a banner saying "Going Out of Business" "Everything on Sale" but they only catch is that the banner has been up for 2 years. Its a shady practice but it drives sales.
Appreciate 0