2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums CANADA 550i msport approx lease payments..or % over invoice?

03-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
bubbahead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G05 40i Msport

550i msport approx lease payments..or % over invoice?

Hi

I'm looking in next couple months at getting a 550i msport in GTA. Wondering what people out there got as far as lease payments approx. ..or I guess what percentage over invoice I can be looking at .
I'm looking at a 39 mth zero down lease
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

^^ sent you PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 10:54 AM   #3
Sidbass
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i x-drive m-sport

guidance on gettting a 550i xdrive m-sport

Hi Bubba and Bobble,
I am in toronto and shortly embarking on the bmw experience. Am intending on getting my first car, yes my first. Have relied on bicycle and legs and transit downtown for the last many years.
Hoping to get a 550i xdrive 2012 (bit of an upgrade) loaded all the way up to except perhaps dynamic handling. still debating that last one.

was hoping to learn a bit about pricing. what one can expect on a 24 / 39 month lease with zero down (as already asked) and of course the expected %over invoice or below msrp one can expect.

Given this is new territory, any guidance is appreciated. what to look for, ask about, pitfalls to avoid etc.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #4
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

For MY2012, expect:
- a bit of price increase
- leasing/financing rate will probably be 5.9%
- standard discount of 3% (standard courtesy) but you can try 6% to start
- calculation of lease - you will need to find out the residual value which BMW Canada sets. Therefore, for ball park estimate - budget around $1100 + tax per month with $0 down

Dealer markup:
- just shy of 10%

Option package:
- DHP is a must (just to get the most out of your BMW driving/handling experience). Alternatively, you can go for suspension mod later (like KW V3)

Pitall
- admin & sundry (bogus) fees charged by dealers will vary greatly. For example, Maranello charges very high fees (admin $599) vs BMW Toronto
$399
- leasing - you may want to consider 'Excessive wear & tear warranty' and 'Rims & tires warranty' - if you drive the car without much care.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #5
Sidbass
Rep

thank you very much bobblehead. Say I can get them to agree to 7,8, or 9% below MSRP, are there things a buyer can ask for as throw ins? I know a friend that leased a MB CLK 63 and they threw in winter / summer floor mats for example. small thing, nice gesture and useful.
I know for euro del it seems they include velour mats, warning triangle and first aid kit, but anything that buyers out here have been able to get. I dont want to lose out just because i dont know any better. Can a savvy buyer get them to knock off certain admin charges or anything of that sort.
thanks.
PS: going to the dealership tomorrow to hopefully put the order in.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

For MY2012, I highly doubt you can get that kind of discount. Currently, MY2011 is running @ about 8-9% off MSRP (configured with options).

Throw in - most dealers will give either carpet OR rubber (all-seaon) mats. You can ask:
- touch up paint
- 2 or 3 bottle of BMW car wash liquid soap

Admin fee is always negotiable - it's up to you to make that move. Like I said, watch out those bogus sundry fees - VIN etching, nitrogen air, full tank of fuel on delivery.

I would call several dealers to see who will give you the best deal ... rather than wasting time & gas going from dealers to dealers. I got my deal done based on emails .... lots of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidbass View Post
thank you very much bobblehead. Say I can get them to agree to 7,8, or 9% below MSRP, are there things a buyer can ask for as throw ins? I know a friend that leased a MB CLK 63 and they threw in winter / summer floor mats for example. small thing, nice gesture and useful.
I know for euro del it seems they include velour mats, warning triangle and first aid kit, but anything that buyers out here have been able to get. I dont want to lose out just because i dont know any better. Can a savvy buyer get them to knock off certain admin charges or anything of that sort.
thanks.
PS: going to the dealership tomorrow to hopefully put the order in.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 08:52 AM   #7
Sidbass
Rep

Order is in!

Hey folks just want to say that I put an order in yesterday for 550i xdrive fully loaded (minus night vision). Initially had anticipated waiting till October for a 2012 but given no change in the vehicle between 2011
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

so you ordered MY11 or MY12. You got a very good discount at the end ? Care to tell us ?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #9
Sidbass
Rep

Weird. My post got truncated...
So given no difference between 2011 and 2012 and me leasing not buying I went with 2011 for august delivery instead of October for 2012.
5.5% off MSRP. I am happy. DSB with black nappa. The wife loves it.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #10
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Oh! How come so little discount ? I guess you did not do any bargaining at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 07:17 AM   #11
Sidbass
Rep

Yeah bobblehead,
You are right. Didn't do much of it. Long day, i was tired. Couldn't be bothered to go up to manager. CA offered courtesy 3. I said 6. Settled at 5.5. Didn't haggle too much. Thanks for the help. Can't wait...
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #12
Sidbass
Rep

Quick question. Probably late. But tried to figure it out thru forums and google but SOL. What in the world is this money factor everyone seems to talk about and the purpose of multiple security deposits exactly. Does this matter in Canada or is it a US thing?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #13
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

US way of calculating the 'finance fee' component of the monthly payment

http://www.leaseguide.com/lease08.htm
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 10:56 AM   #14
Sidbass
Rep

Hi bobblehead. Managed to get 7% finally. So that's a bonus. Not sure if I can do better.
Now have to finalize colour. Perhaps space grey. With nappa black. Can't do deep sea on m sport.
And i know you said dynamic handling is a must but I wondered I one has m-sport whether it will make a substantial difference?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #15
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Not bad for 7% .. can you ask for 8% ... that would be in line with other bloggers here who recently got it done. If not, I would ask for 'Excessive wear warranty' or 'Tires/Rims damage warranty' to be thrown in.

The Msport package is simply a comestic appearance enhancement, it has no performance enhancement on the handling & driveability of the car. My advise is to see if the dealer has one on the lot for test drive and take it out for a spin (do some fast cornering, rough road, etc) and then compared to one that has NO DHP. You'll be the judge.

Last edited by bobblehead; 06-23-2011 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #16
Sidbass
Rep

Thanks for the swift reply. It's funny you say that but can't argue since you have one In my reading the msport has the settings of comfort, normal, sport and sport on idrive which aren't just for transmission responsiveness. But then again maybe what I am reading are US specs where m-sport does in fact have adaptive drive, damper controls, and active roll etc.
But my CA doesn't seem to be able to just confidently tell me.
It's all bloody confusing.

So you are saying there is not a different suspension on all cosmetic.

Hmmmph! I am going in to the dealer tomorrow again and am going to sort this out once and for all.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #17
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

It does include the SAT, etc., so it is a bit more than cosmetic, but bobblehead is right regarding the suspension - nothing changed without DHP.
      06-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #18
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Info extracted ....

DHP will have the switch options:

SPORT+
SPORT
NORMAL
COMFORT*
For Dynamic Damper Control*, the lower button
is labeled with COMFORT.

As you can see, COMFORT is the only difference when you have Dynamic Damper Control. Otherwise it would say For Dynamic Drive Control*, the lower button is labeled with COMFORT.

Also, see here the definition of Dynamic Drive:

"Dynamic Drive.
Supreme agility, unwavering stability and unmatched comfort on bends: the active chassis control system Dynamic Drive minimises body roll and distributes it between both axles, ensuring a comfortable ride for all occupants.

Dynamic Drive uses active stabilisers on the front and rear axles to counteract the vehicle's tendency to roll in a corner. Working together with acceleration and position sensors, a management system and other components, such as a compensation tank for sound control, the system ensures supreme agility at all speeds, balanced reactions to load changes and remarkably precise steering.
The stabilisers continually adapt to suit the driving situation and the changes to the vehicle's self-steering behaviour. For example, when driving on the straight, Dynamic Drive reduces the pressure of the stabilisers, treating them individually, so allowing for a highly comfortable ride - a particular benefit for rear-seat passengers.
When cornering or making sudden changes of direction, a "sportier" setting will see the stabilisers increase the rigidity of the suspension relevant to the intensity of the lateral forces to prevent body roll. Roll distribution between the front and back axles also helps in difficult situations.
Dynamic Drive ensures that the vehicle literally hugs the road, under- or oversteering is reduced - resulting in enhanced safety, greater comfort and an impressively dynamic driving experience."

As you can see, dynamic drive does not mention dampers at all, because the adaptive dampers are part of the Dynamic Damper Control, not Dynamic Drive.

Think of it this way: Dynamic Drive will affect the ROLLING efect (lateral inclination), while Dynamic Dampers (part of the ZDH) will aftect the bobbing effect (up and down); finally, Adaptive Drive is the puppetmaster pulling the strings of Dynamic Drive and Dynamic Dampers to adjust the ride to changing road conditions automatically.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 08:31 AM   #19
Sidbass
Rep

Thanks guys.
As I say I am going in to the dealer today. And will sort this out. Get a proper sense of what I need. Of all the 550xis in the regional inventory he said only one has DHP and it's not in the GTA. So unfortunately can't test drive.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2011, 09:53 AM   #20
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Good luck with the deal making. Looking forward w/ good news !
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 11:54 AM   #21
Sidbass
Rep

Well, the order is finalized. 550xi m sport. Space grey/black nappa with everything except night vision and adaptive cruise.
35% tint which dealer suggested. Any suggestions on that by the way?
I went ahead with DHP and rear entertainment and all else. Chip guard, tire and rim, excess wear.
Delivery late august.
Very excited!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #22
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Indeed good news! I guess you got the last batch of the 2011.

35% tint is okay. Way too light for the summer months. I suggest ceramic tints. Namely, Forumula One Pinnacle. I have 15% all around. Not dark at all.

You better ask the dealer if tint removal upon end of lease term return is compulsory. The side windows are not hard but the potential problem one is the rear back window as the removal process may rip out the rear defroster as well thus damaging it if done carelessly.

Here is mine. Taken during overcast winter time thus appeared to be darker than it really is
Attached Images

Last edited by bobblehead; 06-29-2011 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0