E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Break Down On How Expensive Our Cars Here.

04-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Break Down On How Expensive Our Cars Here.

Makes me sit down and cry at these prices overseas a Porsche $238000 here $77000 in the states, I'll buy 2 of them please life would be great with those prices.

Check out some of these prices.

http://theage.drive.com.au/motor-fea...415-1dgy7.html
      04-18-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

It's not just the car prices, I don't see why everyone focuses on this. If you look at property prices in LA compared to any city in Aus you will cry even more. A massive mansion in Beverley Hills for a bit over 2mil, try find ANYTHING in Vaucluse for that price that is larger than a box.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
sbce90
Me Boosta
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!

Nothing new, just extremely painful to read it again.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

That's why I order even my grocery every weekend from the US, kidding
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e36, e46, e92

Then divide between the rich and poor needs to widen here, id like to see the median salary to be AUD35,000 and not AUD70-80k as it is. The masses should be on AUD30k max, minimum salary should be $3 per hr. That's the only way we will get there is if the general Joe can't afford jack shit, only then will everything be cheaper for us.
      04-18-2011, 08:56 PM   #6
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Y should a fckuing copper be on $55k out of school/training? If they were any gd they would be doing something else (not all but most). Cityrail staff don't even get me started on it, $80k for a fckuing station master.
      04-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

well, I guess 55k is lost double quick here when go shopping so while it might sound great it's equivalent to cost of living standards in the US where basic professions pay about half that much say 25-30K but cost of living is half of here too. That being said skilled professions in the US pay about the same or better than here but cost of living is much cheaper in the US so it's no great deal there if one sees some professionals flaunting their earning power in the US with cheap high end cars and luxury goods instead of drowning it all in a 30 year mortgage like here. It also helps that it has the worlds richest middle class and the biggest market so all companies have to please or perish. For those big corporations, failure in the US means failure globally.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |

Last edited by cruvon; 04-18-2011 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 12:08 AM   #8
V1_R
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 530i

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [10.00]
as the article suggests... VERY DEPRESSING!!!

especially for car enthusiasts like us
      04-19-2011, 01:08 AM   #9
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruvon View Post
well, I guess 55k is lost double quick here when go shopping so while it might sound great it's equivalent to cost of living standards in the US where basic professions pay about half that much say 25-30K but cost of living is half of here too. That being said skilled professions in the US pay about the same or better than here but cost of living is much cheaper in the US so it's no great deal there if one sees some professionals flaunting their earning power in the US with cheap high end cars and luxury goods instead of drowning it all in a 30 year mortgage like here. It also helps that it has the worlds richest middle class and the biggest market so all companies have to please or perish. For those big corporations, failure in the US means failure globally.
I am sure most of us here would make a similar pay in the USA. Too bad their currency is screwed.
      04-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #10
Burto
Oil Burner
Australia
Rep
Drives: e90 320d M sport & Inovation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht View Post
Y should a fckuing copper be on $55k out of school/training? If they were any gd they would be doing something else (not all but most). Cityrail staff don't even get me started on it, $80k for a fckuing station master.
Well most of the fucking coppas I know, including myself took pay cuts to join the job. Believe me mate, I dont do it for the money .I'll tell you one thing, 60k a year is cheep labor.. considering most weeks we get assaulted, injured, fight armed offenders, deal with rape's, murders, child molesters and the general filth of society. I'm tiping you dont want to deal with that. (I'm not whinging I love my job, thats why I do it)

If you want to have a whinge about over paid.. look at some of the traidies... on paper they might earn 50k but do some diging and add up all the cash job's they do a year (and dont pay tax on).. Good on em though.

I'm getting off topic now anyway. Americans pay that sort of mony for a car because it's an economy of scale... 350 million people in the country = a lot of potential customers.. porche may sell 10 times the amount of cars in America.. Australia, a country or 25 million.. Do the math. Plus we pay teribly high import duties..

Last edited by Burto; 04-19-2011 at 07:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #11
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Right!? Are you sure.. A majority of coppers took paycuts to join the job for more benefits down the track? The job you past up is ur opportunity cost and what might that be? I dont agree with a fresh copper getting aud$55k Being nothing more than an administrator n enforment of the law. A trader adds to GDP% but sorry you guys don't. Every job has it's fair share of crap.
      04-19-2011, 10:06 AM   #12
Samoht
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

P.s. just talking economics here. I am sure a tonne of cops would be useful when there's a hold up.
      04-19-2011, 05:23 PM   #13
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burto View Post
If you want to have a whinge about over paid.. look at some of the traidies... on paper they might earn 50k but do some diging and add up all the cash job's they do a year (and dont pay tax on).. Good on em though.
Burto, you really think tradies are overpaid?
Being in the construction game is no walk in the park and not only is it hard heavy menial work, but it injures, maims and kills more workers per year than any other industry you can think of…including the police force.
Yeah we earn the dollars, which by the way.... is way more than you indicated, but it's justified.
      04-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
And here I am reading this from work (im a lobbyist).

It is depressing to see this; however in my industry I would be getting paid around 150-200 US a year if I was there. More so if I was private.

The game is much smaller here and so therefore the salaries are, too.

Onto topic, it's all based on market size and disposable income. The US, undeniably in comparison to us, is huge.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #15
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

In the end, the US has a high influx of immigrants from its neighbour down south to keep labour costs very very low. Australia has too many 'protections' in place to ever achieve such low bottom lines.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 01:02 AM   #16
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Quote:
they can go straight from mcdonalds to this

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianPete View Post
as the article suggests... VERY DEPRESSING!!!

especially for car enthusiasts like us
hell yeah!

Quote:
I am sure most of us here would make a similar pay in the USA. Too bad their currency is screwed.
We can only keep paying so much in taxes, fees and general cost of living until skilled and professionals start relocating o/s. A house here costs 9-10x the avg household income, whereas every other developed nation is close to 2.5x
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 04:49 AM   #17
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
In the end, the US has a high influx of immigrants from its neighbour down south to keep labour costs very very low. Australia has too many 'protections' in place to ever achieve such low bottom lines.
And the more flux in here, the more tax we pay, which is annoying.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #18
samchuang33
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY 16 440i & MY20 X7 30d

first time reading this article... DAMN I'M PISS OFF!!!

Time to move to the states?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2011, 05:13 PM   #19
johnca
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 Slow CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by samchuang33 View Post
first time reading this article... DAMN I'M PISS OFF!!!

Time to move to the states?
+1