Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Alufelgen SF-71 color choice for Sparkling Graphite

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-23-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
me90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 340i Estoril/Saddle/THP

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Alufelgen SF-71 color choice for Sparkling Graphite

I need a summer setup for my sparkling graphite 330 and I've decided to go with Alufelgen SF-71's. The problem is, I can't really decide on the color of wheels to pair with my car between diamond cut black, hyperblack and hyper silver.

Standing alone, I much prefer the diamond cut black but on my car I prefer a matte finish. I have yet to blackout the grill and trim but I was planning on going with the matte plasti-dip finish for those (assuming it all went on well). Would matte grills and trim clash too much with the gloss diamond cut windows on the wheels? I don't think anyone's put these wheels on this color car yet.

The hyperblack would be my next choice but I think these might not have enough contrast between the wheels and body for my liking. However, if these weren't back ordered I probably would have already ordered a set. I was able to find some pics of an SGM e90 with them on here so I at least have a good idea what they would look like.

Hyper silver would be the safest choice but to me it just seems to be too much of a contrast with the body color. I like my 162's that I've converted into my winter set but the hyper silver ones look brighter to me. If they were more of the OEM finish, I'd be more inclined to pick these.

So, what does everyone over here on e90 post think? I'd also take any tire recommendations for if/when I finally pick a wheel. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
me90
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]

Anyone have an opinion to help me decide?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

silver wheels work with any car color. ALWAYS.

with that said, i'd go with hyperblack. it was my personal first choice too, but i dont feel like waiting another month, so i went with the diamond cut black
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
me90
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Thanks for the thoughts. I think I'm leaning towards the diamond cut so I don't have to wait another month as well. Plus they are lighter.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 11:04 PM   #5
RemovedUser
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Diamond cut wheels are a finish you can't (very difficult) repair, keep that in mind if you ever curb your wheel.

Go with a black wheel if you have,
Blacklines
Black Window Trim
Black Grilles
Black Lower Slats
MTech

If not stick to silver or gunmetal.

Im not a fan of HyperSilver wheels on SG, VMR has this finish on thier wheels, they add some reflectivity to the paint making it like a traffic sign at night.

Makes the wheels look to bright on dark cars, they should offer a normal silver finish.

The silver finish on the SF-71 and CS7 wheels is much better and will look really good on Sparking Graphite and other dark cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #6
me90
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I've thought about the problem with curbing the diamond cut but that would also be the case with the hyperblack. Black grills and trim has always been the plan so I would have something to tie the black into.

You're right about the hypersilver. I guess somewhere along the line got confused and thought Alufelgen also only came in that color. Looks like their silver is actually better. I think part of my problem with not wanting to go with silver is that I feel like if I'm going aftermarket, I should do something different.
Appreciate 0