E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Great service at BMW of Bridgeport, CT

05-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
hurricane56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Great service at BMW of Bridgeport, CT

I just got my car back from BMW of Bridgeport, CT. I originally went in to get my alarm installed and activated. My service adviser, Bernard Croker was very good at getting me into their system quickly and set-up with a loner vehicle. I figured since I was already at the dealership, I asked them to look into an issue I've had on the car for the last few months. I always heard a humming sound around 60mph.

Bernard had the service techs install my alarm and also look into this mysterious humming sound that a previous dealer was not able to diagnose. After several service techs went over my car, the diagnosis took a couple days, they finally figured out it was the u-joints an center shaft bearing in my drive shaft. They ordered a new drive shaft and installed it. The car couldn't be any quieter now.

I was very satisfied that the service techs and my service adviser were able to actually listen to my problem and get it resolved. In addition Bernard was great at keeping me informed by phone and email. This is something that the other dealership in the area has huge difficulties with

If you're looking for excellent warranty service I'd recommend BMW of Bridgeport.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
ZTZ1010
Aficionado of All Things Vroom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3M Competition

+1. BMW of Bridgeport used to be my service center of choice. Bernard and Steve are top notch. I recently changed to Ridgefield, as I've found they're more appreciative of my business (and mod friendly), and it's a bit closer to my house. Bridgeport was seemingly getting annoyed at my attention to detail, and how I'd bring my car in for small warranty work so often when things went wrong.

Retired:
'18 6MT AW F30 340x Drive | '15 6MT F80 M3| '11 AW DCT E92 M3| '09 6MT AW E90 335i| 08' 6MT E92 328xi
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
Gussers
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330XI

I'll third BMW of Bridgeport, CT

I had a hell of a time with my car. At one point, after having had it in for a service light, I picked it up and drove to work. I hopped back in the car to go home and the light came back on. I then had other strange issues they were having difficulty diagnosing.

Finally, they kept the car for 5 days. They managed to trace out the issue to a faulty computer and replaced it under warranty. When I got the report from them, it was 9 pages long. They had really gone to town troubleshooting my issue. I haven't had a problem since.

Throughout it all, they were professional and understanding. The also provided a BMW loaner for the duration.

Going to the dealership is expensive, but the value with these guys is they manage to find the root cause of a problem and fix it. I'm a satisfied customer.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
hurricane56
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

+1 for Bridgeport. The first time I went there for my drive shaft issue they put me into a completely factory fresh 328 for the week that my car was in for repairs.

The last time I went to get my brakes changed, they didn't give me a hassle about my wheel spacers, plus the guys managing the loaners put me into a beautiful new 335 for the day.
Appreciate 0