E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > 335i E90/2 Exhaust and Suspension Upgrade Packages.

05-17-2011, 02:31 AM   #1
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

335i E90/2 Exhaust and Suspension Upgrade Packages.

We are now offering some packages for Exhaust and Suspension upgrades for 335i E90 or E92. We have made kits for Akrapovic Exhaust systems in conjunction with KW suspension.
KW Suspension info.

Akrapovic Evolution System

Slip on system

Evolution system specs

Details on the Akrapovic Evolution exhaust system

Our engineers developed a complete aftermarket exhaust system which pushes this powerful Bavarian ahead of the pack. The next stage in revolutionising the performance of the BMW 335i, past the Slip-On option is the great Evolution exhaust system – a must have for all drivers of this civilian rocket from Munich. This system, which is made entirely of titanium or stainless steel, gives the BMW 335i more power and weighs less that offers an even better on-road performance. The BMW 335i stock exhaust system weighs more than twice as much as the titanium Evolution, which speaks of the great achievement of our engineers.

Measurements of the Evolution exhaust system on the BMW 335i show we made no compromises. That can be seen in additional power of 12 HP (at 5.980 rpm) and 16 Nm (at 2.910 rpm). But it is not all about providing more peak power. One can also observe noticeable refinements to the whole rpm range from 2.500 rpm to over 6.500 rpm. From 2.000 rpm to 3.000 rpm, the power is delivered homogeneously. Reducing backpressure causes improvement of throttle response and turbine response. The Akrapovic Evolution weighs only 14* kilograms. Made entirely of titanium or stainless steel, the Evolution exhaust system sounds very sporty and reflects the formidable nature of the powerful six-pot engine.

Evolution system
- titanium or stainless steel crossover tubes
- titanium or stainless steel end muffler
- 2 titanium tail pipes

Hard facts:
- plus 12 HP (at 5.980 rpm)
- plus 16 Nm (at 2.910 rpm)
- minus 20* kg

Details of Slip on Exhaust system (rear muffler only)

The BMW 335i with the twin-turbo engine is a true factory-made beast, but our engineers developed a special aftermarket titanium and stainless steel exhaust system for it, which makes the 335i even better. The Slip-On is designed for drivers who demand more power and less weight. In addition to a weight reduction and a power gain, one of the tasks of the Akrapovic team was also to make the sound of the 335i become music to ones ears. Additionally, the two titanium tail pipes are an important part of the Akrapovic exhaust system and a must-show.

We successfully improved the stock exhaust system (with a Slip-On system) of the BMW 335i in numerous areas. The first visible improvement is the additional power of 7 HP (at 5.950 rpm) and 8 Nm (at 3.560 rpm). The range between 2.500 rpm and 3.000 rpm and at 3.500 rpm was particularly improved. A noticeable step forward can also be observed at highest power (looking revs) where the Slip-On gives more power. When we are trying to achieve better performance, weight also plays a big role. The Akrapovic Slip-On exhaust system for the BMW 335i is 8* kilograms lighter when compared with a stock exhaust, which offers an even better power to weight ratio. The Akrapovic Slip-On exhaust system is homologated for street use. This beautiful piece of titanium art also gives the powerful BMW 6-cylinder engine a more sporty sound.

Slip-On system, homologated:
- titanium or stainless steel end muffler
- 2 titanium tail pipes

Hard facts:
- plus 7 HP (at 5.950 rpm)
- plus 8 Nm (at 3.560 rpm)
- minus 8* kg

The Packages:
UPGRADE ROAD PACKAGE
This kit consists of Akrapovic Slip on Titanium plus a KW V1 kit, Normal Retail $5869.00. The pack special price $4990.00
PERFORMANCE ROAD
This kit consists of Akrapovic Titanium Evolution exhaust plus KW V3 coil overs, Normal retail $9859.00. The pack special price is $8990.00
PERFORMANCE TRACK
This kit consists of Akrapovic Evolution Titanium exhaust plus KW Clubsports with top hats, normal retail $10,549.00. The pack special price is $9490.00

Let me know if anyone is interested. I am looking to lock in as many as i can for end of May order, ready for delivery in June. (This offer ends end of May)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Has anyone installed the official performance kits from BMW for their 335i? I was wondering whether its worth upgrading.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

No get an aftermarket tune (COBB, JB4 or Procede) and save your money

You could probably get DP + FMIC as well with the money for the PPK.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #4
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
No get an aftermarket tune (COBB, JB4 or Procede) and save your money

You could probably get DP + FMIC as well with the money for the PPK.
Who would do the install? Any recommendations?

Last edited by Michael BD; 02-13-2012 at 11:01 PM..
Appreciate 0