E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Hello my fellow tri-staters

06-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Hello my fellow tri-staters

All,

Been on the forum for a while but now that I just traded in my 09 328xi E90 for an 08 335i E90 I plan to be a lot more active with modding and participating in the forum. The 335i is RWD, 6AT, ZSP/ZPP/ZCW, black sapphire metallic, black interior, dark burl walnut trim, adaptive xenons, ipod, bluetooth, 29,300 miles. I have a lot to do! I am starting with exterior mods: coding for AE drls and a few other things, blacklines, matte kidneys, vinyl wrap for chrome trim. Will post pics as I get these things done. In a bit will be JB4, DCI, Lux AEs, and probably a trunk lid spoiler.

Question: can anyone recommend a good tint shop in Union/Somerset county area?

Rather than be too redundant, here is a link to pics (on second page of thread as an update...)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546633

Anyways, I look fwd to learning a lot from all of you and contributing as well.

sickem
      06-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Welcome to the wonderful world of forced induction my friend...

Congrats on the upgrade in power but downgrade in reliability LOL but don't worry, the fun you will have driving this thing makes up for the headaches it gives you once in a while

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #3
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
Welcome to the wonderful world of forced induction my friend...

Congrats on the upgrade in power but downgrade in reliability LOL but don't worry, the fun you will have driving this thing makes up for the headaches it gives you once in a while

haha, thanks Alpine Whiteboy. this car had one pump go at 8K mi and then I think the second one was just the recall when they also did the injectors. Not sure if it was the continental version though.

yes those twin turbos are something else! I gotta say my 328 was very tame but also very reliable for the two years I had her. If I ever bought another 328 (not likely!) it'd surely be a 6MT. Hopefully this car will be okay though...friend at work is having his E92 335i bought back by BMW...I'm thinking about giving him the chloroform towel and stealing his BMW performance brakes...