2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

2010 2011 BMW 5 Series Forum F10 BMW 5-Series (F10) Forums Regional Forums ASIA Gas Pedal Shaking

07-07-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
ICIC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 535i

Gas Pedal Shaking

Anybody experience gas pedal shaking when hold? Seems this happened to me more and more from time to time. When I driving between 30-80km/h, holding the gas pedal about 1/3, it shaking sometimes. If it's not shake, sometimes I hear and feel squeeze noise between my shoe and gas pedal?

When to BMW yesterday, the SA tried to hold the gas pedal for awhile at park. can't feel anything. He said the gas pedal has no loose or something. Tell me to try driving with different shoes again. What the?

Anybody feel this before? Or is it just me?

Any thoughts are welcome to share..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #2
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

I have nothing..
Those guys never diagnose anything.. i lived through a noisy rear axle on my old car, they could never hear anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #3
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Nothing for me. That's strange.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
Jacky328
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 535 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICIC View Post
Anybody experience gas pedal shaking when hold? Seems this happened to me more and more from time to time. When I driving between 30-80km/h, holding the gas pedal about 1/3, it shaking sometimes. If it's not shake, sometimes I hear and feel squeeze noise between my shoe and gas pedal?
When to BMW yesterday, the SA tried to hold the gas pedal for awhile at park. can't feel anything.....
Why not have that SA try at what your shaking point(30-80k/h 1/3 throttle opened)?
Squeeze, if any, obvious came from the connector (it must have a pofessional name, but I dunno) which connect the pedal and floor.
I think F10 is drive by wire, ie it's not mechanically direct the pedal to the gas supply, but only electrically control the gas pump. So I guessed the squeeze came from those mechanical parts.
(Just my limited knowledge, correct me if there was any wrong)

Last edited by Jacky328; 07-07-2011 at 06:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
Jacky328
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I have nothing..
Those guys never diagnose anything.. i lived through a noisy rear axle on my old car, they could never hear anything.
Personally I satisfied BMWHK's service.
I had mentioned it's fix of my "pulling to left" here. True they are sometimes carelessly in something.
I did complained noise in cabin of my E60 after driving 1 year or so, those guys did take it seriously and they even wrapped isolator all-round.
So I think what you need to do is just insist what you have complain, if were not fix, refuse take back the car
      07-08-2011, 04:09 AM   #6
ICIC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have nothing..

Yes, correct.

Remembered I went to TW service ctr few weeks ago, since I put too much coins in the ashtray, there're 2 coins stuck in the gap on left side. Thus, the ashtray lid cannot open. Tried 2-3 mins can't get the coins out, then give up. Drive by Tsuen Wan side and thought that they should be able to take the coins out easily. Went it there and discuss with a SA, he came to my car with a mechanic, tried for 2-3 mins and try to pull it out hard, not success either. Then they try to blame me, this should only use for ashtray, not for coins use. But my car just 2 months old, still under warranty. They will fix it for free THIS TIME and tell me to arrange an appointment with them. I asked how they gonna take this out? They said have to take out pretty much the whole center console in order to take out the small ashtray. I said no way to take out the whole console... They replied, they did that before, that's the only choice. So I got his name card and say I will think and call back for appointment, if needed. After they went it, I tried again to take the coins out, since they have a very bright lighting in their parking area. I actually can see where the coin is. Then I used his name card to take the coins out. Very simple way, finished in 20 seconds. What the ...!!! I can't imagine I did this so easy, as I just give a try.

Of cause, I went back in and told them how I solved the problem that they can't think of (by just using his name card). He said that's amazing and thanks for my words, so they can't take the whole console out next time...

Crazy...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #7
ICIC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky328 View Post
Personally I satisfied BMWHK's service.
I had mentioned it's fix of my "pulling to left" here. True they are sometimes carelessly in something.
I did complained noise in cabin of my E60 after driving 1 year or so, those guys did take it seriously and they even wrapped isolator all-round.
So I think what you need to do is just insist what you have complain, if were not fix, refuse take back the car

Thanks Jacky, I will bring my car to BMW and let them check again the gas pedal.

I noticed that I had the "pulling to left" issue, just wonder how they fix it for you? Do an alignment for you?

As I will lower my car in the next 2 days, will talk to them the pulling to left issue tomorrow, before my V3 changed.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 05:39 AM   #8
RC3
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Thanks Jacky, I will bring my car to BMW and let them check again the gas pedal.

I noticed that I had the "pulling to left" issue, just wonder how they fix it for you? Do an alignment for you?

As I will lower my car in the next 2 days, will talk to them the pulling to left issue tomorrow, before my V3 changed.
better let them fix it before you swap your suspension otherwise they will blame the V3 on that. I think they need 2 to 3 days, they are ultra slow.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
Jacky328
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC3 View Post
better let them fix it before you swap your suspension otherwise they will blame the V3 on that. I think they need 2 to 3 days, they are ultra slow.
Yep, I think so too!
The guy told me that even you swap exhaust, they won't fix the engine's problem as the pressure changed
      07-08-2011, 09:19 AM   #10
Jacky328
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
They told me they had check the Chamber/or something and calibrate the angel.
As said I let the technician drive the car at the speed that is the most pulling to the left.
But one point is clear that as F10's electronic steer is lack self-centre force, the road's slide to the left does affect the "pulling to left".
I feel much better after alignment, even can release hand for a short distance
Hope you will get fix as well!
You will feel the car go straightly at road that is flat
      07-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #11
Jacky328
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Don't mention it, just share some experience with all BMW guys.
Yes, do it without hesitate.
And they should do all the best for our BMW enthusiasts!
Good luck, bro
      07-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #12
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes, correct.

Remembered I went to TW service ctr few weeks ago, since I put too much coins in the ashtray, there're 2 coins stuck in the gap on left side. Thus, the ashtray lid cannot open. Tried 2-3 mins can't get the coins out, then give up. Drive by Tsuen Wan side and thought that they should be able to take the coins out easily. Went it there and discuss with a SA, he came to my car with a mechanic, tried for 2-3 mins and try to pull it out hard, not success either. Then they try to blame me, this should only use for ashtray, not for coins use. But my car just 2 months old, still under warranty. They will fix it for free THIS TIME and tell me to arrange an appointment with them. I asked how they gonna take this out? They said have to take out pretty much the whole center console in order to take out the small ashtray. I said no way to take out the whole console... They replied, they did that before, that's the only choice. So I got his name card and say I will think and call back for appointment, if needed. After they went it, I tried again to take the coins out, since they have a very bright lighting in their parking area. I actually can see where the coin is. Then I used his name card to take the coins out. Very simple way, finished in 20 seconds. What the ...!!! I can't imagine I did this so easy, as I just give a try.

Of cause, I went back in and told them how I solved the problem that they can't think of (by just using his name card). He said that's amazing and thanks for my words, so they can't take the whole console out next time...

Crazy...
I heard this story b4 somewhere .. they actually provide the tools for you to solve it yourself.. couldn't done it without him!

If you have a lot of time or patience, you can dance with them, if not just take your car and have to accept it .. the difference between being car owner and servicer i guess.

So tiring trying to make friends with them, do we need wine&dine them or take them to movies or give them tickets to concert?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #13
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
They told me they had check the Chamber/or something and calibrate the angel.
As said I let the technician drive the car at the speed that is the most pulling to the left.
But one point is clear that as F10's electronic steer is lack self-centre force, the road's slide to the left does affect the "pulling to left".
I feel much better after alignment, even can release hand for a short distance
Hope you will get fix as well!
You will feel the car go straightly at road that is flat
Jacky, I think i don't know how to talk to them properly.. i must be the unreasonable demands type, no wonder i can't get any service
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #14
Jacky328
Lieutenant
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Jacky, I think i don't know how to talk to them properly.. i must be the unreasonable demands type, no wonder i can't get any service
Bro, we just demand what are our rights, consumer's rights
You might imagine if you are the dealer guys and someone request fix something, such as noise, pull to the right or spmething shaky,
Will you want that customer come again to complain?
      07-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #15
ICIC
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Bro, we just demand what are our rights, consumer's rights
You might imagine if you are the dealer guys and someone request fix something, such as noise, pull to the right or spmething shaky,
Will you want that customer come again to complain?

Yes, that's just difference points of view. Most SA will do the same, unless he's a very respoinsible person. I don't care what they said, just yell at them if they don't do what they suppose to do.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #16
pyramid
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Serpent S966

Garage List
Various Various  [0.00]
^^^ funny, recently I also have issues with my local bmw dealer, too much non sense given. Not really into yelling, but somehow it must be done to get "proper" attention.

I never experience these in Mercedes. In fact, not even in Toyotas.
Appreciate 0