E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Steering input sensor

08-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
SpeedOften
Cone Killing E90
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 M40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Steering input sensor

Has anyone had any issues with this?

I have autocrossed my 335 three times and then I started to randomly get a fault code in relation to the DSC. I took the car in to the nearest BMW and they said it's the steering input sensor used for the DSC. They recalibrated the sensor, and it drove fine for a day but as soon as I put the car on the concrete for todays autocross - even with DSC and DCT full off, the error codes came back. The tech that worked on my car said they would replace the entire sensor if it came in again.

It was just very annoying b/c for whatever reason, the error codes were clearing and coming back in during my runs. Normally I turn off DSC and DCT for autocross but with the error codes in I was unable to turn them off b/c the error codes turn DCS and DCT off due to the sensor not being operational, but as soon as the sensor became operational again, both would turn on and kick in immediately and slow me down. The car was me...
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #2
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

I don't think this is related to your tracking, but I have seen several problems with these sensors going bad.
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0