E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Aftermarket Amp connectivity

10-17-2005, 03:19 AM   #1
jeffgw
Rep
Drives: 330i

Aftermarket Amp connectivity

Can anyone advise on the preferred method of connecting an aftermarket Amp to an E90 with iDrive? I plan on adding 1 Kicker Solo-Baric 12L7 and a Kicker KX600.1 mono amp, all will be professionally installed. I haven’t started shopping around for an installer yet but I wanted to do some research prior. As of now I see only 2 ways of accomplishing this:

1. Run RCAs from the iDrive system into the amp? Not sure if this is an option
2. Splice into the rear speakers and run a line into the amps speaker level inputs. This wouldn’t be the preferred method but I really want to keep a stock appearance and limit and serious modifications.

Any feedback on this subject?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2005, 08:22 AM   #2
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

There are no RCA or even low-level connectors on the CCC (the i-drive central unit). Your only option with idrive is to connect to the speaker wires going from the amp to the subs and run those into a speaker level input on the aftermarket amp.