E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Picking new 320D up today

04-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
Scott1624
Rep
Drives: 320d e90

Picking new 320D up today

Well the short weight is over, we are picking up our new 320D today.
The new spec 320d-
Coming from high performance HSV's over last 5 years i am keeping this new one pretty well standard, except i paid for extra chrome strips around the doors, to break up the all black duco.

One thing that does concern me is the run flats, i have read for's and against's, what does it cost for a repair and who does the repair, i guess the dealer will point me the right direction today when we go to collect.

I didn't go with any paint protection or leather treatments, or Tinting.
Has anyone had prices in Brisbane on tinting, the dealer was asking for around $700, surely it can be done cheaper and professionally??
As for the other protection packs, total waste of $$$ been stung before.

I will give a full report in the next few weeks on the new car, hopefully all good
Cheers
Scotty
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
sevey
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Enjoy your BM Scott.

The torque in the diesels are pretty addictive and quite enjoyable to drive with once the revs build.

I didn't go with paint protection etc either, you would hope BMW standard issue is up to any climate.

RE: Runflats - I have 18" combined with sports suspension so the ride is pretty hard but great for the track!! I suppose in the end of the day it is a sports sedan, so I don't mind the harder ride. After 20,000k's I've had not one problem either with them.
      04-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #3
noidea
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Scott, enjoy your new ride. It is time now to change the bumper or add lips.

Come to join us in our GB !
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #4
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Congatulations Scotty..... i'm sure you will love the new ride.

As for tint: The guys that do it for Brisbane BMW are Tintguard Window Tint located on Abbortsford rd Mayne. 95% of the cars they have waiting in line are all car dealers. Cost me $245 and only took them 2.5 hours to do. Ph No. (07) 3257 1544. The place is a little difficult to get in and out off so it's best to be coming from the city direction. They are next to Scotty truck rental if I remember correctly.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:47 AM   #5
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
Congatulations Scotty..... i'm sure you will love the new ride.

As for tint: The guys that do it for Brisbane BMW are Tintguard Window Tint located on Abbortsford rd Mayne. 95% of the cars they have waiting in line are all car dealers. Cost me $245 and only took them 2.5 hours to do. Ph No. (07) 3257 1544. The place is a little difficult to get in and out off so it's best to be coming from the city direction. They are next to Scotty truck rental if I remember correctly.
WOW so 700 vs 245!!! same grade tint? life time warrenty?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 07:00 AM   #6
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

They use 3M film. They have all the patterns to cut the fillm and they even have an E90 actual rear screen so the film is cut as one piece.

Tell them to put a cover over the vents on the rear parcel shelf or else the excess water will drip into your boot, wetting the carpet and it will stink for a couple of days till it dries.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 07:17 AM   #7
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1624 View Post
Well the short weight is over, we are picking up our new 320D today.
The new spec 320d-
Coming from high performance HSV's over last 5 years i am keeping this new one pretty well standard, except i paid for extra chrome strips around the doors, to break up the all black duco.

One thing that does concern me is the run flats, i have read for's and against's, what does it cost for a repair and who does the repair, i guess the dealer will point me the right direction today when we go to collect.

I didn't go with any paint protection or leather treatments, or Tinting.
Has anyone had prices in Brisbane on tinting, the dealer was asking for around $700, surely it can be done cheaper and professionally??
As for the other protection packs, total waste of $$$ been stung before.

I will give a full report in the next few weeks on the new car, hopefully all good
Cheers
Scotty
Congrats on the new ride.
Post a couple of pics up here when you get time.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2007, 04:40 PM   #8
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
congrats scott on your new baby you'll love it!

plans to mod?