E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Exotics Racing in Las Vegas......awesome

09-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #1
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Exotics Racing in Las Vegas......awesome

Spent the last few hours at Las Vegas Motor Speedway at Exotics Racing. Pretty much the most awesome thing ive done in a long time.

Drove a f430 Scudi and Lambo Gallardo Superleggera, both amazing machines. 5 laps in both was not nearly enough.

Drove the Scudi 1st, took almost all 5 laps to even start learning the track and get comfortable. Felt like I was at 75% speed, so much left on the table. What a car though, so connected, amazing sound, amazing feedback, and fast. Loved it. Want to drive it again and again and again

Then drove the Super which was again amazing. Drove this one much harder and was at the limit of what the electro nannies would allow much of the time. The instructor was happy with my driving and said I was on line most of the time but was late braking several turns which killed my speeds. I agree, need more time!!!!!!!! I'd get the backend to start and rotate a bit on the apex and the electro nannies would kill the fun, regardless .

HUGE FUN, Id love to do it again, making me want to get more track time under my belt for sure.

Kylie and Veronica went on ride alongs with an ex-F1 driver in a badass GT3RS which spent more time sideways than straight, he was a mad man.

They loved it, so did I.

09-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

So do they take you out and teach you the track first and let you get familiar with the car at all? If not, $300 for five minutes of track time seems a bit steep.
      09-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #3
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
So do they take you out and teach you the track first and let you get familiar with the car at all? If not, $300 for five minutes of track time seems a bit steep.
they take you out for a 'Discovery Lap', actually 2 laps in a Cayenne GTS (surprisingly agile SUV!!) 1st then you go out with the instructor.

its worth it. Amazing machines.

They have both the McLaren and the Aventador coming in the next month

they have 3 458's but 2 were out of commission in the shop when we were there today. I'm here for a wedding, my girlfriends sister works at Exotics and got the wedding party 50% off so it wasnt too bad for us.