Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Vertini Magic - Any Reviews

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

10-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Mr Willis
Stand for something or fall for anything
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Vertini Magic - Any Reviews

Hey guys ... I got hit in the rear passenger side yesterday

The silver lining is that I am going to go ahead and get new wheels

I am looking at these Brands ...

Vertini Magic Concaves 19"
Forgestar F14 19"
Alufelgen SF-71 Wheels 19"
Avant Garde M368

I know there is variance between qualities, but we all know that Pros and Cons lists can add up for each.

Please share your thoughts ... give me tips on sizes and offsets.

I drive a SILVER 2009 335i with the aero body kit (looks just like the 335is) ... only 2 or 3 mods so far

Also keep in mind that because I live in NC I am leaning toward an all season tire - Continental DWS from Tire Rack most likely.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
Shogun1122
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Comp

Interested to see what peeps say. I am in the market for a set and have been looking at the same wheels.

The Vertini's are a fair amount more expensive than the rest. My issue is that there is not much info or photos of them right now.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 10:27 PM   #3
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

In terms of the hierarchy of quality and strength the list goes from lowest to highest as follows: gravity cast, low-pressure cast, flow form, and forged. All VMR wheels are gravity cast wheels which in terms of quality in strength is the lowest in wheels. Take into consideration also that all of the wheels that come standard from BMW straight from the factory are Low-pressure cast at a minimum.

Though not enforced, there are quality standards to govern the production of wheels. Some countries though, like Germany and Japan, have government regulations requiring aftermarket wheels to meet certain criteria and ensure proper fit. The United States has taken steps to establish guidelines but it will be some time before they can enact regulation of any kind. Consequently, all wheels are not made the same. The performance of an alloy wheel is a direct result of the manufacturing technique employed.

Gravity Casting:
Gravity casting is the most basic process of pouring molten aluminum into a mold utilizing the earth's gravity to fill the mold. Gravity casting offers a very reasonable production cost and is a good method for casting designs that are more visually oriented or when reducing weight is not a primary concern. Since the process relies on gravity to fill the mold, the aluminum is not as densely packed in the mold as some other casting processes. Often gravity cast wheels will have a higher weight to achieve the required strength.

Low pressure casting (Avant Garde, Aluflegen):
Low pressure casting uses positive pressure to move the molten aluminum into the mold quicker and achieve a finished product that has improved mechanical properties (more dense) over a gravity cast wheel. Low-pressure casting has a slightly higher production cost over gravity casting. Low pressure is the most common process approved for aluminum wheels sold to the O.E.M. market. Low-pressure cast wheels offer a good value for the aftermarket as well. Some companies offer wheels that are produced under a higher pressure in special casting equipment to create a wheel that is lighter and stronger than a wheel produced in low pressure. Once again in the quest for lighter weight, there is a higher cost associated with the process.

Flow Form aka Rotary forging (Forgestar):
This specialized process begins with a low pressure type of casting and uses a special machine that spins the initial casting, heats the outer portion of the casting and then uses steel rollers pressed against the rim area to pull the rim to its final width and shape. The combination of the heat, pressure and spinning create a rim area with the strength similar to a forged wheel without the high cost of the forging. Some of the special wheels produced for the O.E.M. high performance or limited production vehicles utilize this type of technology resulting in a light and strong wheel at a reasonable cost

Forged:
The ultimate in one-piece wheels. Forging is the process of forcing a solid billet of aluminum between the forging dies under an extreme amount of pressure. This creates a finished product that is very dense, very strong and therefore can be very light. The costs of tooling, development, equipment, etc., make this type of wheel very exclusive and usually demand a high price in the aftermarket

All in all, it mainly comes down to which style you like best and of course what your budget is on this project!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
Carbon3fiber
Private
Rep
Drives: Tbd

So where do the Vertini come in to play? Have you weighted them at all?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #5
Shogun1122
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon3fiber View Post
So where do the Vertini come in to play? Have you weighted them at all?
Bump for this question. I am interested in these wheels but can find no info on them with regards to weight and manufacturing process.

Also waiting to see the Sportline CS.16 on a vehicle. I also wish they had better offsets for the rear.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
Carbon3fiber
Private
Rep
Drives: Tbd

Anyone
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
OEMconcept
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Vertini's are Low-Pressure cast wheels. excellent quality! We've sold quite a few sets and never had any problems with them. 19's come it at 24lbs for the 8.5's and 26lbs for the rears.

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #8
MRRwheels
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Concave mesh design

depending on your budget maybe you would like to see a brand new barely released wheel from Roderick wheels. RW06
Brush face/black/ chrome lip or black lip
it has a great design, it concaves just right and its one of the few single piece wheels offered in a hand BRUSH finish. either way i just wanted to share it lol.
the brands you mention are all great brands is just down to where your taste lands best. dont forget to post pictures to see the end decision.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6180/...084f2565_b.jpg
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #9
evotwelve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90

here are some pictures of my car on the vertini magic. Great wheels, I was running 20x8.5/10 at the time. Going to drop down to the 19" soon.

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 01:20 AM   #10
e46revspeed
Captain
Rep
Drives: F06 & E89

Vertini wheels are the best bang for the buck wheels. Had mine for over 4 months and never had a problem.

Squattin on Megan Racing and Vertini Monaco
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 02:20 AM   #11
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

I like vertini's, but I ended going up with the AG M359's and powdercoated them.

They just look a little more performance oriented.. IMO.

Heres a link to my thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597853

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 1
      10-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #12
aandrew335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

The roderick wheels are sick, but i wish they came in 19'w, and for that reason, id go with the vertini, or the AG.
      10-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #13
MattsGray335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe 6spd man

Quote:
Originally Posted by evotwelve View Post
here are some pictures of my car on the vertini magic. Great wheels, I was running 20x8.5/10 at the time. Going to drop down to the 19" soon.
Any reason you are dropping down to 19's? I am looking to get a set of Vertini magic can't decide between 19's or 20's.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #14
evotwelve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsGray335 View Post
Any reason you are dropping down to 19's? I am looking to get a set of Vertini magic can't decide between 19's or 20's.
the 20" look great on the car, just want to go to 19" cause the girl friend drives the car every now and then, so trying to go with a bigger side wall for the 19".
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #15
Danxtm
Registered
Rep
Drives: B7 Audi A4 Quattro 2005.5

I just ordered Vertini Magic for my whip (b7 a4) waiting for them to get here in a week.... will post the picss... btw I think they are the best bang for the buck!
Appreciate 0