E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > MP3 - Current Track On Professional Radio

10-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #1
SteveG
Private
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

MP3 - Current Track On Professional Radio

Hi folks,

Have taken delivery of my TIAG 320d M Sport today and have been having a play with the ICE.

My old Alpine unit on my Golf used to display the artist and title of the track which was playing whenever the track changed. The professional radio still displays the info for the track you first played when turning the unit on even though you may have played five or six tracks since.

Is there anyway that you can get the unit to update the track details whenever the track changes without having to continually press the current button to update it ??

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 05:32 PM   #2
325iA
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG
Hi folks,

Have taken delivery of my TIAG 320d M Sport today and have been having a play with the ICE.

My old Alpine unit on my Golf used to display the artist and title of the track which was playing whenever the track changed. The professional radio still displays the info for the track you first played when turning the unit on even though you may have played five or six tracks since.

Is there anyway that you can get the unit to update the track details whenever the track changes without having to continually press the current button to update it ??

Thanks in advance.
You may find your answer in this thread.

Enjoy your ride
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
SteveG
Private
Rep

Thanks for that.

It doesn't address the issue of getting the unit to update the display of the title/artist of the current track whenever the track changes but it has helped answer some other questions I had.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2005, 06:41 PM   #4
northerncalguy
Throw your hands in the air, if you's a true playa.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i, 2014 435i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Not sure if I understand your original posting, but if you are talking about the ID3 tag display -- those do change as the track changes. You need to be in "Title" mode to do that.
      10-20-2005, 01:38 AM   #5
SteveG
Private
Rep

Sorry for the complicated description of the problem but you did understand it. I have just managed to figure out how to get into 'title' mode and it now works perfectly.

The manual for the radio that comes with UK cars doesn't go into any detail about MP3's other than it plays them.

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0