E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Getting Crome tailpipes and chrome grill inserts...

10-19-2005, 08:13 PM   #1
spitfire6000
NJ NYC BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Monaco/Beige

Getting Crome tailpipes and chrome grill inserts...

Hey all, just got my 325i last week, and am already starting to do some work on it. I debaged it today with seemingly no problems (the sun already set after i did it so i couldnt tell if there were any marks left over after using goo gone).

I called up some nearby dealerships to see if they had the parts in stock. I havent asked about the chrome grills yet, but one dealership is offering the chrome tailpipe inserts for $32.00. Is this a reasonable price? How much are the chrome grill inserts?

My main question is this: I live in NJ, where it snows basically every winter. With snow comes tons and tons of rock salt all over the road. I have heard instances of chrome rimms turning yellwish colors from the rock salt on the roads. Is this the same case with the chrome tailpipe and possibly grill?

Also what are some really good cheap sources of these two parts?
Appreciate 0