E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Seat Questions

10-14-2011, 08:29 AM   #1
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Seat Questions

Do any of you guys have the stock E90 non-sport seats? Right now they are taking a serious toll on my back. I'm not sure if the seat is damaged (I'm the second owner) or if they are just total garbage for my back. My back has never been great, but its NEVER been bad like it is with this seat. My last car was a civic si with a cloth interior and much smaller snug seats.

I really have no idea what to do about this. I can't live off pain medicine as long as I have my car. The sport seats seem impossible to buy from BMW directly, and I can't find them for sale (not that I can truly afford it anyway).

To be honest it feels like the previous owner must have been a fat guy who gangsta leaned over the center console because it feels like the seat is at a weird angle or offset or something.

Also, something thats been in the back of my mind is if the seat is in fact damaged and I can somehow find out that the previous owner is over 250 lbs (max supported weight according to the seat) can I get the dealer to replace it? I really don't know what to do here. I LOVE this car and am so incredibly happy with everything else, but I'm in excruciating pain from the seat. I've tried so many adjustments you wouldn't believe it. Since I owned this car I've spent over $400 in co-pay to the chiropracter, bought a new mattress and still can't cope with this. I do not want to sell a car that I love over a seat, that seems stupid.

I'm just looking for any local insight on this. What would you do if you were in my shoes? I purchased the car months ago at Honda Gallery in Reading when I traded in my civic.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #2
Bender1012
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT

Seems like the thing to do is compare with the passenger side seat. If the previous owner was indeed gigantic and messed up the seat somehow, it's unlikely he had a gigantic twin with him in the passenger side at all times too. See if you can get comfy there.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
hmmcolor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

I am far more comfortable in my non-sport seats than I've ever been able to get in sport seats. That said, the non-sports can definitely be really uncomfortable if not adjusted properly. For me it takes the right combination of low lumbar, seat bottom pitch, and seat back pitch.
      10-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #4
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender1012 View Post
Seems like the thing to do is compare with the passenger side seat. If the previous owner was indeed gigantic and messed up the seat somehow, it's unlikely he had a gigantic twin with him in the passenger side at all times too. See if you can get comfy there.
I'll test this as soon as I get out of work. Brilliantly simple.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #5
JeffL
Major
Rep
Drives: C63

250lbs is max?

space gray 2008 335xi e92 with coral red leather?
      10-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #6
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffL View Post
250lbs is max?

space gray 2008 335xi e92 with coral red leather?

250 is max according to the seat lol.

What about space gray with coral red leather lol?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
JeffL
Major
Rep
Drives: C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post

What about space gray with coral red leather lol?
is that your car? oh you said stock non sport e90 seats. you don't have my old e92 then.